The Expanse

I'm 3 episodes in.
When does it get good?

Attached: 2934678263434.png (500x300, 192.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1337x.to/torrent/5229227/The-Expanse-James-S-A-Corey-Complete-Series-Audiobook-E-book/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would it get good?

You should play that space call of duty game
it's this show but good. martians are based.

Around episode 5 it takes off. It took me two tries before I got into it since the first four episodes drag. It loses some of its momentum in the last couple seasons, though.

S02E05

>It loses some of its momentum in the last couple seasons, though.
That's a serious understatement, the last three seasons aren't even worth watching.

Watch seasons 1-3 and if you really hooked drop the series and read (or listen) all the books in the series.
The books are finished and it is complete story.

1337x.to/torrent/5229227/The-Expanse-James-S-A-Corey-Complete-Series-Audiobook-E-book/

which COD is that? ive never played any cod before but years ago i heard about one that had single player space missions or whatever is that the one youre talking about?

The first season is the only watchable one. After that it just becomes:
>WE HAVE TO GET THE THING
>SO WE CAN STOP THE GUY
>OH NO! WE DIDNT GET THE THING
>LETS JUST TRY TO STOP THE GUY BY BLOWING THIS OTHER THING UP
>WEW WE STOPPED THE GUY
>OH NO WE NEED TO GET THE THING
>SO WE CAN STOP THE NEW GUY

i was sold on a space opera
i got mutts and cringe from top to bottom
not even the based XO from battlestar could save it
finished the first season so my friend would shut the fuck up and ignored everything he's suggested since
4/10

>space opera
how the fuck did you think this was space opera lmao

not him but isnt it?

its what i was told by my friend and the aggressive shilling
its what it tried to be throughout the entirety of the first season
its what the books are, supposedly
show isnt, on that we agree
show isnt worth watching either

Honestly I'm not sure what defines a space opera exactly, maybe it does qualify, I've just never thought of it that way. Maybe because it tries so hard to be realistic.

>Maybe because it tries so hard to be realistic

Attached: 1624335762045.png (251x330, 75.02K)

i dunno. i do kno that after season 3 it gets worse

It's been said ITT already but the first few episodes are a bit of a filter. I dropped it after ep 2 the first time I tried because nothing was happening, and came back to it a few months later. It gets REALLY good once it gets cruising but that takes a few episodes.
Last 1-2 seasons are pretty boring though.

>When does it get good?

The episode called CQB. I think its episode 4.

From my experience of GOT, watching a TV series where a ton of people are watching it is an instant sign it's going to be extremely fucking bad. I completely regret watching the first 3 seasons of GOT before dropping it.

idk what you mean, it does. It's not like Star Trek which just says "yeah let's make up an alien race which look exactly like humans but have funny facial features and have traits of an existing Earth culture. How do they communicate? idk, universal translators lol"
Also I think space operas are meant to be more fun and infantile, this show is more on the grimdark side of the scale

Was The Expanse really that popular? I pretty much never heard about it.

too much effort
if im not hooked by the second ep im out.

>woke sci fi
Ew
I listened to the books before I noticed all of the self hatred and that they were slowly making women take over every single leadership role. Stopped right when space hitler was chilling in his utopia because that was the good ending

>Also I think space operas are meant to be more fun and infantile, this show is more on the grimdark side of the scale
LOL
>Also I think
Don't hurt yourself, now.
You have no idea what any of those words mean.
LoGH is a codifier of the term space opera.
Far darker, far more serious, the "political maneuvering" and struggle between factions and classes is more serious and mature.
You haven't the faintest fucking idea of what you're blathering about.
I should have expected this from someone unironically evangelizing this absolute tripe.
We get it, you like the shabbos little wreck, go ahead, but don't try to tear the fabric of reality to drape over mere shit taste.

Attached: 1656674485482.gif (200x235, 646.92K)

It became popular later on when Amazon picked it up and began marketing it (since the Sci-Fi channel wasn't great at marketing in general), that's all I know since my friends could not stop bitching about this show.
Falls in the same line with GOT where people really started to get on the hype train around season 4-5ish if memory serves me so.

The final season is a gigantic waste of potential, it had such a limited amount of time due to the cut down final season episode order, and wasted loads of it on stupid martian shit on a planet that has nothing to do with events in the solar system, and then wasted even more time on the niggers family drama. It had the potential to be the best TV war since deep space nine and they threw it all away.
I almost turned it off in disgust when they setup the belters having three fleets, and the UN/Mars coalition preparing to fight them, and then we see nothing but one minor skirmish with Drummer and the other battles get handwaved and ignored.

Woke shit. Acting isn't worth your time past episode 3. You're a fool if you paid for it.

>You haven't the faintest fucking idea of what you're blathering about.
Yes, I literally said I don't know you'd define a space opera.
I would've thought The Fifth Element or Star Wars is a prime example, something more fun and not serious.
>I should have expected this from someone unironically evangelizing this absolute tripe.
I'm not though. Why are you so mad? Did you forget to take your meds?