They don’t make them like they used to

they don’t make them like they used to.

Attached: 74E80C27-A2F2-4EDF-87A6-41C62BEB2121.jpg (955x1437, 419.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3BDbIzovuos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Friedkin had a pretty good run for a couple of decades

youtu.be/3BDbIzovuos

I really liked that movie.

Attached: c4d14b819bf6f142dd4c6795f38a5078.png (787x1372, 2.12M)

because that is a movie from its time, retard
you can't just remake it with a self driving truck or some bullshit

>ywn build a truck out of scrap, transport sweating dynamite, bond with unlikely friends and suddenly instantly die when your tire blows

Attached: brettysad.png (550x893, 8.86K)

What are some all-time classic movies from the last 3 years? Serious question

Ghostbusters Afterlife, Dunc, Possessor

top gun maverick unironically

Arcane: League of Legends, on Netflix

Shin Evangelion Gekijôban (2021)

Technically from 2018 but not properly released until 2019, Laszlo Nemes’ Sunset will be a major film in the future. Audiences and critics weren’t ready for it. Watch it.

Walter Hill is underrated.

It's good and fun to watch, but it is only successful because it's not a woke fest. It has problems such as awkward scenes, poor chemistry between most of the cast, dumb love story. It's a good movie seen as a great movie only due to the lack of other good movies.

It’s really not about it be no-woke fest. Top gun maverick is a greatly structured story, but its almost like it’s using a temp script that needs to be fleshed out and characters can feel thin. It’s hard for me to pick on it too much when movies can’t even write competent stories anymore

What even is this movie? I looked it up and it just seems like a historical drama from the description. Why is it noteworthy, user?

The only thing I can dock Top Gun's script is wasting time with Penny and some awful dialogue between Cruise and Miles.

A phenomenal screenplay mostly inspired by literary structure and content, but an original work written by filmmakers and optimized for cinema (so it has none of the flaws that literary adaptations tend to have). Aside from that the directionnis great and it has some really cool action setpieces. There really hasn’t been anything else like it in recent years. It’sa very different beast than the many Britidh, French, and Scandi historical dramas of the past decade.

May not be as impressive at home as in the theater.

there's no theater going experience. It's unironically over for this dead form of media and Im glad.

But Sorcerer is great even on your home big screen tv in current year, you dont need to see it in the theater but it would be nice

Rain kino.