TIL Buffy was a movie before it became a show

TIL Buffy was a movie before it became a show.

Attached: FZC-RdDWIAAvRT3.jpg (845x1200, 167.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IHVh_S9NGIU?t=50
youtu.be/yTODtHr3HfU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Zoom zoom.

zoomie piece of shit tbqh frf on god 100 no cap

I loved this movie. I was excited for the TV show but it looked like a gay soap opera so I ignored it.

It wasn't a very good movie tho.
It was the movie Whedon had to make in order to get Fox to sign off on the Buffy he actually wanted to make.
Pee Wee Herman is the badguy. nuff sed.

>PLenTy oF tEEn aPeAl" - vArIetY
Why was GenX so cringe?

I never knew that desu

>Pee Wee Herman is the badguy. nuff sed.
he was hilarious in it
youtu.be/IHVh_S9NGIU?t=50

10/10 nudes

same here. Didn't it come out before the show? Not sure why people are calling you a zoomer when most zoomers probably didn't even watch the show
he definitely was the best part of the movie. Donald Sutherland too

Attached: 1118full-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-screenshot.jpg (1118x606, 118.6K)

a friend gave me her Playboy mag when I was like 12 and it changed my life

I don't talk that way at all.

was the humor different in the show compared to the movie? I've never seen the show but the movie felt more like an tongue in cheek comedy the entire time

Attached: b846583e35942df51ccc24d7cbca772c.jpg (640x427, 34.62K)

0 whedon
does that answer your question?

Yeah except Buffy is supposed to be the story of the teenage blonde girl who's never even thought about being a badass getting thrust into the position of being the badass. It's not meant to be funny, it's meant to be a little bit heartbreaking and a little bit farcical.

It doesn't make as much sense today because we're so used to the female superhero that shows like Buffy and Xena just mean nothing to us any more, but at the time S1 of Buffy was out there, a girly-girl who gets powers and responsibility she doesn't want and isn't ready for.

The buffy movie is basically the Mel Brookes spoof of a genre that didn't exist at the time.

Yeah completely different.
The humour in the TV show is that of 90s teenagers before the education system went to shit. Cynical, quippy, genre-aware, self-deprecating. It's the same sense of humour you find in Daria.

The sense of humour in the movie is that of 80s Jewish film producers, typical red-text-white-background stuff.

remarkably shit taste

Shows fucking great too, if you pretend it ended after graduation blowout.
And the angel themesong is just an alternate credit outro, because that deserves to exist, sanctuary BOPS.
youtu.be/yTODtHr3HfU

Yeah OP, and Lilly wasn't a lesbian

Lesbian Lilly made my pee pee hard tho.

The movie was very self deprecating and genre aware. Have you even seen it?

>Writer: Joss Whedon

No.