Better than Carpenter's

Better than Carpenter's.

Attached: The_Thing_from_Another_World-871437292-large.jpg (800x1200, 155.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=broyjwCPNj4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol
no

>Look at me. I'm the mostest contrarianist!

lol
you're a chud

No it really isn't. Howard Hawks is a good director but this is a bad movie, it only has one or two good scenes and feels like a cheap Universal Horror rip-off (which it is).

It's pretty bad. It often feels like a screwball comedy, but with a monster.

Get wrecked.
youtube.com/watch?v=broyjwCPNj4

based

>some faggot wannabe internet celeb
Why should I give a fuck about him or you? Do you also take the opinions of the RLM guys seriously?

It's actually overrated. It's worse than most Universal monster movies I've seen. Certainly more boring.

>Do you also take the opinions of the RLM guys seriously?
What a loaded question.
Tell me you're a prequel fag without telling me you're a prequel fag

>I BET YOU HECKIN THOUGHT I WAS TALKING ABOUT CARPENTERS THE THING BUT NOOOOOPE!!! I WAS HECKIN TALKIN ABOUT A FILM YOU DIDNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT !!! IM SO SMART!!! I DRINK SODA WITH EVERY MEAL!!!!

It's completely baffling to me how anyone could praise it for characters or the atmosphere while saying that the Carpenter version is just special effects. There's not a single aspect in the 50s movie that was done better compared to Carpenter's masterpiece.

theres no hot women in carpenters

Attached: margaret-sheridan-1952-KWDC17.jpg (1016x1390, 119.62K)

Women are nothing but trouble. Also, The Thing could be a female.

Fpbp

>t. James Rolfe

>this is a flaw somehow

Carpenter was a huge fan of this, hence why he remade this with a western composer, another genre he was a fan of.

stop being gay
>dude you can only like LE ONE MOVIE

Sure, Carpenter was a fan. He was also a fan of Rio Bravo. That doesn't change the fact that both movies were pretty shit.

It was a time when remakes were better than the originals.

>b&w
cringe