Why do you still hoard physical media in 2022?

Why do you still hoard physical media in 2022?

Attached: file.png (1331x998, 2.67M)

i've spent about $1500 on blu-rays per year for the last decade

Based. I just started last year. I spent at least $1500 just so far this year lmao

Did you know they're all available for free digitally? Or does plastic really thrill you that much?

just books

Because she sold them to me for $1 and said its only because its me. I just walked in drunk drinking a beer. I got about a dozen. Ready Player One bluray was probably my favorite score because I have a Spielberg shelf but I havent seen it yet. I even bought stuff I hated like Rampage (2018) but I only saw it once and was obsessed with the video game. When it came out they put the game on this sort of small stage in the middle of the arcade with display monitors and there was this huge crowd of people watching. I'd never seen anything like it before or since. I was about 9 years old.

I also got Batman Superman or whatever 3D and apparently those are pretty good investment because they're apparently really restricted with piracy, streaming, etc.

There are a few things you must understand, because you are too poor to comprehend. Once you stop being poor, a bluray a week is negligible. I spend more on mcdonalds. So if you are a broke third worlder you just wont understand how trivially cheap this is to real white people. Now lets talk tech specs. When i buy a bluray (or 4k bluray), i get a maximum bitrate video with uncompressed Dolby Atmos audio. This matters when you are watching on an 83 inch OLED and surround sound system. You wouldn’t know, because you use a 720p laptop with $5 earbuds. Streams and torrents (excluding demuxes) are supenrlow bitrate and this is obvious on large panels. Demuxes are huge files, and you soon need a home server just to host them. I did that before. Its gay. Just buy your media like a chad and have sex

when the crash happens a fat consumer retard like you will suffer most. not because of the conditions, but because you won't be able to take it.

tl;dr "I buy things to fill the void"

Why not? I can just throw it away whenever I feel like it. On the other hand, it's the licensee who decides when to throw your digital library away, lol.

i will own things and i will be happy

Physical console games have entirely offline DRM so I can play them even if the civilization goes belly up. I have no idea why anyone would want to purchase physical movies though.

Take it where? I own a farm.
Thats literally what everyone does when they stop being poor. The economy is based entirely on us richfags buying things solely because we can

i really miss the days when every movie had hours of making-of docs and commentaries. why are modern releases so barren?

>it's the licensee who decides when to throw your digital library away, lol.
really? how are they gonna delete it from my hard drive?

first one I looked up Last Night In Soho has deleted scenes and making-of doc

>ripping from borrowed copies or downloading rips of dvd and blu-rays, and burning them to disc yourself, while also having a hard drive for backups is the true way.

They unironically can and will

i'm talking about the good ole days of the early 2000s 2 disc dvd sets where there were a bunch of multiple hour docs on every aspect of the making of the movie, alternate cuts, deleted scenes, long gag reels, and multiple commentary tracks.

Give me your digital movie codes

The 2nd one I looked up Tenet has over an hour of docs. But yes neither of these first two have commentaries.

I buy copies of obscure, old, or niche, films that usually either aren't available on a streaming platforms or torrents. I don't by physical copies of mainstream stuff though.

PS1 and PS2 games are starting to be worth more ever year.

They still do this, but it's usually "special edition" blu-ray releases.

Unironically buy only anime and that is rare these days. There hasn't been anything made worth buying in 10 years so I pretty much just only upgrade my DVDs to blurays when they are objectively superior, which only applies to things pre-2000

Once Upon a Time In...Hollywood has lots of docs and deleted scenes but again no commentaries. So that does look to be a difference. However as I recall he doesnt do a lot of those anyways. But still 0/3

Ok. Act fast before another user beats you

Attached: 921EBCBE-CEF8-49FD-AAEF-DC4EAA166F5C.jpg (2814x2586, 1.71M)

Extremely based of you user

No problem.

Attached: 0BD2340E-A54F-4122-91A4-FDF338D9CB28.jpg (2665x2043, 1.2M)