Are there any movies that actually portray the drudgery of retail work? It's always hot people getting into crazy stuff

Are there any movies that actually portray the drudgery of retail work? It's always hot people getting into crazy stuff

Attached: 5c952bfa16c9581a4e1a5a23.png (700x525, 632.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q6uKucrNnSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the drudgery of retail work?
Retail work is comfy as hell.

Clerks

there's gotta be some fuckery going on at my local store. all the employees are 12/10 bombshells.

People like OP is why society is collapsing

i've applied for a lot of wagie retail jobs recently. what can i expect?

>Work at Sears years ago out of high school
>Some hot girls work there but pay no attention to me
>date a girl I met elsewhere for only about a month, but the second she stopped by to drop off lunch for me the other girls won't leave me alone
One of them gave me HPV

when i was working at mcdonalds, there was a middle aged woman who would sit in her car for 10 minutes minimum openly weeping and sobbing after every shift

for movies its
>Waiting
>Employee of the Month
both dane cook kino

Attached: iu[2].jpg (518x755, 71.19K)

an online interview with 20 other people

I work in a factory and it feels like everyone is fucking each other besides me. There are even love triangles and people having sex in their cars in the parking lot. I fucking hate my job so I'd love to get some pussy before I get fired. But they all just seem to happen into three relationships. All the women in my area are married or in relationships. There's a fat girl there I'd love to fuck but she has like 3 boyfriends and I'm a skinny ugly lanklet fag. So instead I take creepshots of their asses and jerk off to that.

Cashback, 2006 bong movie

When I was 16 I worked in a supermarket. All I can say is the two best aisles to work were the pet food (no one ever asks questions or where to find stuff) and toilet paper (no heavy lifting and the storage container was comfy to sleep in.

I've jerked off to Keeley Hazel in that atleast 10x.

That pretentious trash was not worth sitting through just for some tits and ass.

One Hour Photo

>Cashback
>realistic
lmao what? kino movie though

I worked in Asda for like 4 years when I seen that movie, it gets the joke on shampoo bottles/deoderant cans perfectly

>instead I take creepshots of their asses and jerk off to that.

Mystery to me why you're not getting laid lmao

>Keeley Hazel
Holy fuck, there's a name I haven't seen in a while.

fuckin a.. user I--

checked I guess...

Waiting, not retail but, well, waiting, it portrays the experience to a t, crappy training that fails to prepare you for anything, retarded coworkers who are too old to be acting like teens and most of them still living with their moms, kitchen staff that is woefully unsanitary, a manager that pretends to be doing something but just walks around the place doing nothing impeding actual work, that one person who has been in the joint for far too long and are always pissed and about to explode, hypergamous sluts disguised as hostesses who openly flirt with the clients for tips, burnouts and Karen clients who take issue with everything (Mostly female, male Karens are more passive-aggressive or condescending).

It's a fucking horrible experience, but it makes for a good movie.

that must be a slow walmart because there is no way any part of that grocery section should look that decent

Wasn't this the movie where the guy gives up a comfy shelf stocking job to be a fucking costco cashier and the bad guy cashier gets caught not scanning like half the stuff he checks out (As if that wouldn't be found out after like a month at most of the massive stock inacuracies that would cause)

Why do weird autists always want boring plotless movies? They always ask for movies about the drudgery of retail work or the loneliness of being a friendless shut in. These aren’t movies not because they’re verboten topics but because a movie needs a plot or something to happen. You aren’t going to want to watch 90 minutes of some loser stocking shelves or scrolling through the computer anymore than you’d watch some hedge fund guy scrolling spreadsheets and 10Ks for 2 hours. These aren’t movies. Surely you can find a surveillance cam of some store and nothing happening if that’s what you want.

I think that was the dan cook version. No idea what the rip off op posted

You's be amazed at how nice life can be in rural white America.

WE ARE
WE ARE
WALMART!

First post worst post.
You've never worked a day in your life at any job.

>loneliness of being a friendless shut in

You do know that a lot of the GOAT movies have this premise right

very nice booba

Attached: 1594729138513.png (492x475, 23.89K)

It's hilarious seeing those Paul Blarts though. Funny that they think having a shirt that says security is some authority figure shit

all of that depends on your store and how busy it is tho. pet food sounds like a nightmare because of all the little cans and shit, tedious
also, more often than not, you'll probably be working night crew if you are a "dry" grocery stocker. while you won't have to deal with customers (probably), you also won't really get away with being too lazy because the other night crew WILL notice if you are slacking and may narc you out

richard linklater is one of my favorite directors
goodbye dragon inn is one of my favorite films

Attached: 5f52a59dd9c70eb0a5a7e95e26f4857ecbcf2eb1bdb4919b8af825c85a8f.jpg (579x530, 21.93K)

They just want narratives that speak to them and their directionless lives, even for losers it's perfectly legitimate to want stories tailored to their own experiences. The sad state of their lives is itself the conflict which might animate the story, and a conflict doesn't have to be resolved in a narrative.

Back house work is fine, it's just lifting and hauling shit around, front of house is death.

it's mostly local stores so doubt that will happen

i worked in a supermarket for about a week for some school thing (you basically just have to be a wagie for a short time as practice) and it wasn't really hard. the only 'bad' part was cleaning up a few dead mice in the back storage area. also i used to go for a 10 minute bathroom break before and after lunch.

Yes thats the one, and they build a comfy fort high up in between some aisles in between boxes of products to hide out in between shifts
youtube.com/watch?v=q6uKucrNnSo

Attached: v9Y5UQ4yZBlLUwmS5Xi4GaXODcu[1].jpg (1920x1080, 229.69K)

>There's a fat girl there I'd love to fuck
Absolutely disgusting

from what i've heard the worst part is how they will constantly move your hours, so you never get a steady schedule

I worked retail for about 6 years and now have had office jobs, and while I hated retail at the time, it is easy to look back on is as being comfy. Even as management (for small/local stores), it's pretty basic, and once you've got the main routine stuff down, it's like 95% of the job, not many surprises pop up. But aside from that, I was always working with people close to my age, and hot girls, and it was a lot easier I found to chat in a low-key retail environment than a stuffy office, where the age range and experience is all over the place. I suppose I just have fond memories of certain hookups and make out sessions that retail afforded me.

Also there's something about closing up when it's dark and it's just you and a few peers left to shoot the shit after the doors are closed.

A few months back we fired the somali girl who was consistently late and began clearly spending a third of the shift hiding in the bathroom on her phone. Boss and I talked about her (I am valued) and I said "I'm done with her" and the boss said okay, we'll get rid of her. Feels good to have directly contributed to her termination.

I feel like you're just confusing any communication with having sex

>takes 2 people to come up with the idea of firing a shitty worker

no wonder you're going no where

minimal to no training, high expectations, being basically impossible to get fired for anything short of criminal negligence

That's one of the worst things too, when I did customer service my manager kept having me alternate between morning shifts and evening shifts and I ended up having to go over her head through HR to get her to fucking stop it.

Yeah I get that but the problem is I’ve been in many threads where they request a movie about le REAL loneliness or a life of drudgery. Then people give a bunch of examples and th loser posts “no not like that, an adventure happens / the character develops / something happens to him.” So they don’t just want to see themselves in a character, they’re asking for security cam footage where nothing happens like “real life.” That’s why OP dismissed “hot people getting into crazy stuff.” He wants ugly people doing nothing for 90-120 minutes. Why not just go sit in the store he works at?

I don't know the details but there's a corporate protocol to document cause for termination that they wanted to follow carefully, so the company doesn't get accused of the -ism of choice I suppose. But yes it is silly.

i don't think i'd mind. at the moment i'm just sitting at home all day. i'd rather have some more cash for some PC upgrades and nicer clothes. maybe a kebab or two hehehe.

yeah i don't really like people like that. i'll get my work done, sure but i'm not gonna be a dedicated wagie either. especially when i'm having to sift around pallets for dead mice while i'm getting paid less than the front desk lady