What shows or movies will never have a true HD remaster?

What shows or movies will never have a true HD remaster?

It's crazy that some extremely popular shows have never been redone since the transition to HD.

Attached: file.png (590x373, 51.42K)

They literally fucking destroyed the masters for Deep Space 9

i don't get it. if they want an HD transfer then they can just make one. it would be expensive but possible unless the film was destroyed.

my reaction to that information

Attached: 1337093307778.jpg (256x320, 37.89K)

>What shows or movies will never have a true HD remaster?
Babylon 5
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

the destroyed the masters for the moon landing

Daisy's Destruction

>BBC literally taped over original Dr Who episodes

the obsession normies have with 16:9 is crazy. Yeah it's nice when things were shot that way, but if they weren't is it so hard to have it in 4:3 but still in HD? Does the black space bother them so much?

only film type that has lower fidelity than 4k is 8mm, if I’m understanding that right
I think even 16mm is bigger than 8k

Just finished ds9 and I'm currently in Babylon 5. Real shame they will never be remastered. Both great shows, but good God do they look like shit on modern TVs.

Would have seen Kubrick in the HD reflection.

Can't they just get the 16mm film and scan it in HD?

boomers are the ones who hate black bars and they run the TV stations.

andy griffith has no remaster and its the best tv show of all time bar none

The later movies were scanned and produced at 2k, so 4k will only be upscaled.

Attached: file.png (799x396, 539.22K)

The Twilight Zone (1985 series). Stupid digital tape bullshit.

Yeah, if you still have a nice CRT it's pretty cozy in SD but even with the best upscaling in the world it looks pretty bad on a nice TV.

god I wish they still did that

Boomers are the most guilty of this I'd rather they watched zoomed rather than stretched
I don't get how they find every human being looking like a fucking roblox character appealing un-fucking-believable
I won't even bother talking about saturation people are so fucking dumb about this shit and if you show them the light they'll just shun it and play their stupid deep fried stretched movie instead
ignorance is fucking bliss

Isn't 16mm enough for scanning to HD?

>Boomers are the most guilty of this I'd rather they watched zoomed rather than stretched
Yeah, I don't know if people remember the bins of $5 dvds that had separate "fullscreen" and "wide screen" editions. VHS had tons of shitty pan & scan too but I don't remember there being future dumpster bins of them in stores.

>zoomed in rather than stretched
Fuck I hated that back when 4:3 was the most common. So annoying seeing people stretch the further they got to the edges.

Yes, but they actually need to do the scanning.

Attached: file.png (761x721, 827.95K)

I thought the blu-ray complete set that came out recently was a film transfer.

three things normies are obsessed with
>16:9
>film grain removed
>blue/green colorgrading

they think every movie/show should look that way

Nerdshitfaggottrash no one who has sex will ever care about.

>>>film grain removed

Attached: file.png (841x466, 544.64K)

Yes, 2k scanning is pretty easy on 8mm and 16mm. I assume just too expensive for a TV show unless like Netflix wanted to pay for it. You can probably find the rough cost estimate with how many boutique outlets there are getting new scans of old movies but I don't know it off hand.

>one will never see it in high-Rez
zach is a director, does he not know how film works

I've seen his work, no he does not.

there are maybe a couple of scenes with Sarah Chalke in that I'd like to see HD but that's it.