Why do comic book adaptions always have such a flat, dull visual style?

Why do comic book adaptions always have such a flat, dull visual style?

Attached: FYov7pKXgAE_xv9.jpg (864x966, 127.46K)

Intentional grounded look to make it appeal more easily to your average viewer, shitty directors with no creative bone in their body, budget and filming restrictions, etc. Take your pick.

did you see how many viewers and critics shit themselves crying about Cowboy Bebop? No one can handle stylism anymore.

Netflix Cowboy Bebop wasn't stylish, it looked like a cosplay convention

>Netflix Cowboy Bebop wasn't stylish
Yeah you're one of the people I'm talking about.

Attached: 6197d0349a16845e0c48716968b7c2d0.jpg (1000x598, 90.94K)

Not that guy, I actually agree with both of you, it was 'stylish' but just because something is stylish doesn't mean it's automatically good. It can still look like a cosplay convention.

If they cared abou appealing to average veiwers they wouldn't cast ugly gorilllas.

Attached: batman-returns-disneyscreencaps.com-14080.jpg (1600x893, 83.07K)

Attached: 9nd46phvnbv01.jpg (2048x1735, 264.69K)

My one wish to come out of this show is that we get a lot more black goth girls.

>Let's make her a sheboon
Mulatto it is, then

It was the wrong style. They made it cartoonish like One Piece, when it should have taken after neo-noir.

Why a bench instead of a fountain?

It's a children's cartoon with a million outlandish action sequences and flanderized characters set in space. Trying to film it like a James Ellroy book would be fucking stupid.

The same reason they made Death black instead of a pale goth girl

Truest post I've seen all day.

Would it unironically kill the bitch who got to play death to fucking smile or does she hates the character so much

It has nothing to do with whether a director wants to be a grounded or not(Nolan's trilogy and Logan look good). The show in OPs pic is low budget shlock. Just like 99% of live action tv shows.

>nigger

Quality takes time and effort.

>children's cartoon
Just because it's animated doesn't mean its for children.
>outlandish action sequences
How's that incompatible with noir when it's visuals were adopted for even sci-fi?
>and flanderized characters
Nothing new for noir then
> set in space
If it can be applied for movies with futurist dystopia like Blade Runner then it should be no problem for Space.

Even if she was played by a white girl the scene would still suck because how visually boring it's compared to the comic

That looks so fucking bad. As a Sandman fan I wanna kill myself

His hair is stupid

>Just because it's animated doesn't mean its for children.
Hello r*ddit! Wubalubadubdub

The author is a cuck. So it deserves this and worse.

>Hello r*ddit!
Hello mutt. Just because Disney brain fucked you into thinking animation is purely for kids doesn't mean the rest of us have to go along with it.

dumbass

It's almost like they just watched the opening sequence and maybe a few action scenes and assumed that's how the whole series is. I don't know, it's all just a shame.

Even with the action scenes, it'd make more sense to take inspiration from a director like John Woo. No, it shouldn't be realistic, but it shouldn't be cartoonish either.

why are you defending that trash?

The people who make these adaptions actually hate comic books.

because cinematography is a dying art partially because of the do it in post mentally actually taking root at all budget levels

Attached: AAAAQewozgytx82DEIK8qKK3MI3KhnFgbkBJCL7NAuHuW-nCt3nRTd7wKx3y5a5_4w-CJyCL57S2Z70S1DIr3mF211NWBAZnexlTKI_pyJG3zThQyyF5xBZxRA1QU06_bBTvkLk_uC44NhdnZ7tJCezVrKk8z3w.jpg (1422x750, 323.83K)

and money

At the risk of being replied to with the
>japanese thing
soijak, I thought the 2020 adaptation of Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan was well made. It seems like they used the best tech possible and tastefully avoided what would have been beyond their means.

Disneybrain is literally you. You're a Disney adult. Disney wants every single person to watch their dogshit. Go renew your Disney+ subscription piggie

I hope someone in this thread tweet this at neil gayman and he sees it. I hope this image becomes a meme and it reaches Netflix, so I can feel like I had my foot in Hollywood

Attached: atleasttry.jpg (2152x2501, 980.3K)

Ok nazi

This. They tried to give cowboy beebop a visual flair but people just shit on it.

Because comic book movies belong in 3D animation. Even the dark gritty ones would look far better and capture the style of comics.

Whats with the asian dude?

are you lost, faggot?

Neil Gaiman is probably so amazed that people are still adapting his work after every single attempt has failed to catch on that he is taking a full "take the money and run" attitude.

Boohoo

trump lost

Yep, that would be kino. Even with absolute worst cast and script and editing imaginable a show can still get viewers if the action is hype enough.