Why arent there much ww1 kinos? It's almost an after thought

Why arent there much ww1 kinos? It's almost an after thought...

This was so good on so many levels; the flow and synergy, acting and how fast the movie feels; it really doesn't feel like a Kubrick job.

Attached: 1235.jpg (183x275, 11.88K)

There are a great many WW1 movies available. And more being made currently.

Attached: l23-Zepplin.jpg (960x714, 77.92K)

1917 is good

Attached: Screen-Shot-2020-02-13-at-11.54.06-PM-1024x431.png (1024x431, 364.76K)

Inb4 seethe

Ww1 is antiwar and the hollywoodjews aint having that

La grande guerra (1959)
Uomini contro (1970)
Torneranno i prati (2014)

WW1 doesn't have a good or bad guy fighting the war. The bad guy was undeniably the leaders. The only movies you can write are tragedies and they don't reflect well on the elites.

I didn't quite understand it. Was it all a dream? a half dream?

What?

Sequel took all attention away from it. 99% of people can't even tell who was fighting in WW1 and why.

How much sitting in a trench do we really need to see?

What are you on? This movie was definition of 5/10. It feels exactly like a Kubrick job - robotic, unrealistic characters feigning emotion - that scene with the whore singing at the end legitimately made me cringe when they all started tearing up. Please. They would laugh at her and then take turns raping her. Kirk Douglas is the only good thing about the movie, he's the only one that seems like a genuine human being.

>Feigning emotion

Did you watch the movie? I swear Joe Turkel loses it at one point and treads on “hammy acting” territory; along with the co accused frenchie in the film. It’s certainly not robotic.

It’s not like his later stuff like full metal jacket, 2001 and Barry Lyndon - which have serious pacing issues.

The forcefully inserted pajeets really ruined the movie and I'm not even a racist. It just feels dishonest and disrespectful to quirk up one of humankind's darkest episodes for some current year Twitter political ideology

iirc there was only 1 forcefully inserted pajeet sitting in the truck who had maybe a line or two
i mean he shouldn't have been there but if that ruined the movie for you then the capeshit night sequence in the town also would've ruined it later anyway

>forcefully inserted pajeets
Never watched this but in what capacity were pajeets in this movie, because they did fight on the Western Front.

WWI was more traumatic to Western consciousness than WWII. Generally, WWI is thematically treated as depressing and tragic whereas WWII has a heroic mythos that's more palatable to mass audiences.

Just read Storm of Steel at this point. It's pretty good, but try to find the original 1929 translation, the Penguin one omits some of his criticism on democracy

>the whore singing at the end
lel she was Kubrick's wife

Also, the US didn't play as big of a role and they have hegemonic control over movie making in particular and popular consciousness in general.

Yes they did but in strictly segregated companies. In the movie they're part of all units

WWII was the same way, because the leaders were almost all the same people. Basically what happened was that after WWI ended, all the anti-German war propaganda ceased for about 20 years, and the commoners woke up to the fact that the whole war was bullshit. This made them reluctant to get involved in WWII. The elites realized their mistake, so they had to make sure that the anti-German propaganda from WWII never actually stopped if they wanted the goyim to keep sending their kids off to die in future wars.