I asked this before but I didn't get any great answers...

I asked this before but I didn't get any great answers. I'm looking for a movie like The Long Goodbye but a very specific type of movie. I don't want it to be an old guy detective. In these type of detective movies from the 1970s it' always like a 65 year old elderly dude. Not exactly like the cool Elliot Gould. The only one I could find is Inherent Vice which was great and where The Long Goodbye is the obvious inspiration

Attached: long.jpg (960x1440, 255.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

australiaunwrapped.com/movies-like-the-long-goodbye/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Silent Partner if you want more Gould.

Attached: 1645356523646.png (568x548, 76.83K)

You sound like you haven't seen Chinatown

>old guy detective
The detectives in noire movies are always in their 30s or 40s, what are you talking about? Do you really think Jack Nicholson was 65 in Chinatown?

I checked this out and I will watch it eventually but it seemed like a type of one place movie. I want something where the character is like traveling from place to place.
I skimmed through it and I didn't like what I saw. I know it's a classic. I will watch eventually

Chinatown is exception there might be one or two other ones but most of the ones I've seen where 60+ people

Farewell, My Lovely where Robert Mitchum is 60 (looks 70) and plays Phillip Marlow
Gene Hackman looking 60 did like 3 of these typ of moves.
The Late Show dude is 70.
Most of the ones I've seen were like late 60's year old

There are many more. If you look up private detective movies you will see what I mean. Elliot Gould is one of the only cool guys detectives not including Jack

Also to add I don't want any black and white movies from the 1940's

The Parallax View

Attached: 2432346.jpg (1280x538, 72.28K)

Can you bump on this board? I should have made this more mid day or night time

They definitely change venues tho the sprawl likely isnt as large as in goodbye.

Attached: 1654493135582.jpg (400x400, 31.57K)

Really? I thought it was only in a shopping mall because that was the IMDB says

Go watch L.A. Confidential from the 1990s. It's got cool younger leads and is a great movie.

australiaunwrapped.com/movies-like-the-long-goodbye/

Literally just lists other 10 Robert Altman movies which aren't even similar lol

guys in the 70s tended to look older because they usually spent their lives primarily outdoors doing all kinds of stuff instead of sitting in their room jerking off all day like your retarded zoomer ass that cant even sit through Chinatown

The Big Sleep

The actors themselves were 60 though

Nah

Attached: 1651554554024.gif (128x124, 20.24K)

Ok will watch tomorrow probably

thats the point. showing how dumb these lists are

this

no theyre not. gene hackman was like 40 in the French Connection. Nicholson was like mid 30s in Chinatown, similar to Gould in The Long Goodbye. if you want cool relatively young detective stuff you may as well go back and watch stuff like The Maltese Falcon, theres way more of these movies in that era since the 70s ones were mostly basing themselves off of those.

To Live and Die in LA may be another to try, but isn't exactly typical slow noir pace.

Attached: 1634877617734.jpg (717x670, 358.15K)

This movie was ASS. Sorry OP

The postman always rings twice (the 70s one (RIP Bob Raffelson) it wasnt a detective movie, but it's the mood you're looking for)
Twilight 1998 and Night moves 1975 are "old detective" movies but worth a watch

Palmetto