Unironically they should include this scene in the final cut

unironically they should include this scene in the final cut

it gives more info why the empire is actually evil, because they want to nationalize private business

and more emotional attachment to lost of his friend in the battle

youtu.be/f-HMBhyS3kc

Attached: star-wars-luke-and-biggs.jpg (582x243, 17.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MxKi23OKimY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The deleted scenes in the OT always feel so weird. This is a good scene but pretty slow. It may have worked. I'd liked to have seen Luke in the skyhopper at some point

too much people talking
where's the space swords and the laser guns?

>your uncle could hold off a whole colony of sandpeople with one blaster
Did he forget when Luke's grandma was kidnapped and raped to death?

back in the 70s when side character sci-fi men could just be regular well adjusted guys, if this was made now he'd be a victim of sexual abuse and would have gay feelings for Skywalker, he's make sure to mention "THE MEN who run the empire" also he'd be a nigger

martha saved star wars

no
they were garbage
star wars was saved in editing by marcia lucas
she cut that trash form the movie and that's a good thing.

kys

>The deleted scenes in the OT always feel so weird.
Most of them were cut for good reason.
>This is a good scene but pretty slow. It may have worked. I'd liked to have seen Luke in the skyhopper at some point
I think Mark Hamill's acting is particularly bad in this scene and it adds nothing besides the Biggs subplot which I was fine being cut. We get enough of what Luke is.

It is like how the RotJ Luke building his lightsabre scene has been shared a bunch and is doing the rounds again. And for me it weakens his reveal later on. Most of these scenes were clunky.

agree

thats because they are rough cuts with provisional voice and sounds

you are a fucking npc
and btw all movies are "saved by the edit" you fucking retard

how come she didnt become the best editor in the industry then?

a couple over the shoulder closeups, some ambient noises, a few dinosaurs in the background, and a little of Luke's melancholy leitmotif and the scene would be fine.

Kek, retard. Marcia Lucas wanted these scenes included and George basically overruled her.

>Most of them were cut for good reason.
this is such a corporatist opinion
"le final product I saw was the better one"
fucking sad

>I think Mark Hamill's acting is particularly bad in this scene and it adds nothing besides the Biggs subplot which I was fine being cut. We get enough of what Luke is
his act is very natural and comfy, very relatable.
And it explains what the empire is doing ans how many rebels come from the imperial acadamies themselves, its a very nice worldbuilding and it shows the humane part of Tatooine.
Also the girl was cute.

I agree. It makes no sense to have Biggs show up and die as if we're supposed to give a shit. You don't need more than a couple minutes to introduce him and then have him fuck off. He's a vehicle for Luke - not a character - but that doesn't mean his sudden appearance and death isn't jarring.

no, Brian De Palma changed Star Wars

george tanked her career over something that was essentially his fault

also gold leader knowing Anakin, woiudve been great

This is a strawman. You can think scenes are clunky in terms of pacing etc for your own reasons. Having disparate scenes not fitting can be an issue. There are films where directors cuts or deleted scenes would have helped.
I think that specific scene felt out of place and wasn't needed. Feels a bit too teenage drama-y in a film that didn't need that.

unironically they should include this scene in the final cut

youtu.be/MxKi23OKimY

you can say they are clunky without the music ans the edit

It's odd how stylistically different this is from the rest of the film. Nearly any dialogue scene in the film is made up of fairly fast editing between closeups and medium shots, yet there's very little editing going on here. I wouldn't be surprised if they also shot a bunch of closeups for this scene, but they decided to remove the scene before they ever edited those additional shots into these master takes.

Attached: star wars biggs luke deleted scene.jpg (986x772, 120.52K)

these scenes were filmed at first

So?

According to the official making of book, the first scenes that were shot are those that take place in Luke's homestead, so you are mistaken.

I did like some of the deleted scenes in ESB. The wampa subplot was kinda fun and showing General Veers get kamimazed and die was good. He just disappears otherwise. The Luke and Leia sex scene though, while hot, didn't add much