Casually solves more murders than any detective in history in your path

Seriously, why wasn't Barnaby world famous or something?

Attached: John-Nettles.jpg (823x850, 127.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yj0B62ERkOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"stolid englishness" isn't a very sexy sell outside the demographic of adult ethnic briton males

for me, it's inspector morse

it's because his name is "Barnaby"

If you are asking why is he not famous in-universe, you can apply the question 'why is X detective not famous in-universe?' to many detectives. For example, many of Columbo's cases would be high-profile (the often social elite nature of the victim and the murderer, plus the sheer way he solves the case) to the point you would think after a number he would become rather well-known.

This and Death in Paradise beg the question of why there are so many fucking murders in these same tiny communities. How are there any crotchety old inhabitants of Midsomer left?

they reproduce asexually through sheer force of class contempt

A better example is Cabot Cove from Murder, She Wrote. At least with Death in Paradise it is a island and Midsomer Murders it is a county, Cabot Cove is a village.

Death in Paradise usually tends to have outsiders commit the murders. There's always some rich holidaymakers scuba-diving or an old 80s band recording a comeback album on the island or a huge destination wedding etc.
In fact the most famous person in the episode always seems to be the murderer.

kek
it feels like the only reason people fly over to St. Marie is to kill

>first episode is about brother-sister incest
>that one episode where the old pianist wants to impregnate his daughter/granddaughter
Why are brit shows so perverted?

>In fact the most famous person in the episode always seems to be the murderer.
That's true for most of these shows. You want to guess who the murderer is then your best bet is choosing the most famous actor/actress.

I think that user wasn't talking about the Columbo thing where the murderer is the guest star, rather if a the character is famous in-universe, like a fictional rock star, or a aristocrat or something they will be the murderer.

The English are already a sexually repressed people, and these are like the raid bosses of Englishness

>Midsomer appears to have a higher proportional rate of murder than any other place in the world
>the Brits accidentally made a show that implies murder rate is not correlated to private gun ownership rate
Technically, that’s true, as their is no correlation when look at all available data from the world. But I still find it funny how in British murder shows, the bad guys just give up when confronted by the detectives. In real life, wouldn’t they call in reinforcements from the armed police unit to help get the murderer? I guess the show would feel less suspenseful if they had to wait that long. And I can put up with a little silliness from a show like Midsomer Murders. But I can’t understand why criminals ever submit to Vera. Why wouldn’t they just run her over and get away?

I remember a episode of Midsummer Murders in which Barnaby gets sort of involved in a shootout. And in general for these shows you often ger a murderer that does try to run or attack. Though you are right in saying often the murderer does gracefully accept arrest.

Yet, that is not just true to British shows. Murderers often don't run or attack in things like Colombo, Diagnostic Murder and Murder, She Wrote.

Probably because he only caught them after they'd killed another 2 or 3 people while he was in town

Burger here. Is the British countryside as comfy (and white) as this show makes it seem?

black british here. can confirm i rarely see anyone who isn't white outside of london, manchester, liverpool, birmingham, bradford. everywhere else is white white white whiiiiiite

how unrepentantly backwards

Yeah basically

youtube.com/watch?v=yj0B62ERkOo

Most of Britain's non-white population is based in the cities. Interestingly, in the past decade they began putting more ethnic minorities in Midsomer Murders: a producer at the time got in trouble for basically saying it would not be accurate to have a rural county be ethnically diverse, that caused a controversy, subsequently they started deliberately casting non-white performers (even though the number does not reflect rural Britain).

What I find hilarious about that is how every single Paki or Indian character they put in is some kind of sleazy sex pest

Friendly reminder that Jones > Troy > Scott

Attached: Ben-jones-nun.jpg (250x304, 26.5K)

The British population is about
>87% White
>6% Asian (which in the British context basically means South Asian)
>3% Black
>2% Mixed
>1% Other (which I am pretty sure is mostly Arab).
If you watch are shows and adverts you would think the black population is far larger. If anything the South Asian population is under represented.