How do we make anime kino again? The directors of Akira and Ghost in the Shell both agree modern anime is too manchild

How do we make anime kino again? The directors of Akira and Ghost in the Shell both agree modern anime is too manchild.

Katsuhiro Otomo:
>"I don’t really like the art style of most anime these days, the ones that appeal to otaku tastes. So that means I don’t watch much modern anime."

Mamoru Oshii:
>“I’m not watching anything. There are zero titles I’m interested in. I mean, I’m over 65. Trying to get into anime aimed at young people is impossible. That’s true for Japanese films in general, not just anime. Everything is made for a young audience.”

Attached: 1503544567442.jpg (586x438, 231.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yDN68LxWW-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go bitch on Any Forums. Telling us Anime is for manchildren is nothing we don't already know.

>How do we make anime kino again? The directors of Akira and Ghost in the Shell both agree modern anime is too manchild.

>Katsuhiro Otomo:
>"I don’t really like the art style of most anime these days, the ones that appeal to otaku tastes. So that means I don’t watch much modern anime."

>Mamoru Oshii:
>“I’m not watching anything. There are zero titles I’m interested in. I mean, I’m over 65. Trying to get into anime aimed at young people is impossible. That’s true for Japanese films in general, not just anime. Everything is made for a young audience.”
Anime ruined Japanese cinema.

You wont get honest answers here and people in Any Forums will want to skin you alive. The real question is: Why waste your time ?

Attached: joins.png (300x168, 13.44K)

You have to allow for Nipponese autism to run free. Whatever it is they're passionate about, just sign a blank check, give them creative control, kick all the Jews and women out of the room, and let them work nonstop for the next 7 years.

Attached: 1657394521129.gif (640x346, 1015.03K)

>How do we make anime kino again?
Money all the pics were made by aimlessly throwing money at them
This user gets it

Just give your videogame money to japanese companies instead of giving it to Tencent or Sony (Sony has turned american)

I'm gonna need a sauce for that gif, chief

What is adult about Akira? One poorly drawn set of titties? Come on. The story revolves around a bunch of kids and the adults are all somehow corrupt or evil.

Otomo is a hack.
Patlabor 2

Attached: 1647868431134.jpg (958x1436, 56.05K)

For starters, force them to draw on cels again. Hire character designers from 90s. Those two things alone will solve most issues with visuals.

digitally driven animation styles wont allow it to happen, it lacks the interpersonal person to viewer relationship that subtley connects with the viewer, censorsip laws have also changed so the grit and brutality of old is no longer allowable. Times change, what use to be no longer exisyt

Attached: mmmmm.jpg (960x1149, 161.24K)

You can't

>1388
Off by 100 but 100% correct

What's the top image from?

>censorsip laws have also changed so the grit and brutality of old is no longer allowable

No they didn't, retard. Do you have any proof whatsoever for this? Most old"gorey" anime were straight to VHS anyway.

>Most old"gorey" anime were straight to VHS anyway.
Yea because of censorship which got worse. Ever wonder why we went from having casual nudity to every show censoring boobs with shower steam

For me, it's Daicon IV
youtube.com/watch?v=yDN68LxWW-8

>akira
>gits
>bebop
>most pre y2k ghibli
What are other nonmanchild anime?

Capitalism is the problem. Any extremist ideology damages human art and culture. Sure a film needs to turn a profit but you can't pretend the quality of animation doesn't suffer under an ideology that places *maximising* profit over every other value up to and including human life itself. Films are just perfunctory money printing objects rather than creative works now, like NFTs they could contain anything and as long as you already have the capital to invest enough into marketing up front, you're practically guaranteed an estimated return. There will not be a return to the level of quality of films like Akira while the American/Russian/Chinese globalist-capitalist hegemony remains such a domineering world superpower.

Magnetic Rose, Perfect Blue, Evangelion is for teens but deserves a nod for artistry, not much else

If you look into the industry and how it functions you'll see that every studio will shit out 5 series just to scrape enough money to fund 1 series they actually care about.

Animators are paid peanuts and worked like slaves. The whole industry is fucked like with manga.

It's not so much actual regulations as market forces and a lack of auteurship, instead pandering again only to maximising profit and no other value, even if you're not told to censor yourself the done thing is to chase lower age ratings to maximise your audience and all the people working in and managing creative industries now are people who grew up brainwashed into this culture. Yanks don't want to hear this though, they just call you a commie straight away as if horseshoe theory doesn't work both ways.

fist of the north star
golgo 13
perfect blue
a wind called amnesia
wicked city

what are some more anime like this?
i don't watch anime really but found these on youtube sometimes and I like watching them

Y'know, good anime existed alongside capitalism, right?

Don't be yikes.

Oshii is incapable of making anything good anymore, he's said so himself that he can't make films like he used to.
Go watch Vlad Love if you don't believe me.

Ironically the most successful, in the eye of the public type shit Oshii has done in the last decade is write a book about Ghibli's sausage factory.