You can't give a single meaningful rebuttal to this line of thought. The quips are actually realistic desu...

You can't give a single meaningful rebuttal to this line of thought. The quips are actually realistic desu. People make jokes in real actual life to lighten tension and serious moments. Big “I really love you guys” with a symphony and straight face isn’t real life. Think any group of men like cops and firefighters and soldiers. They might have a brief moment of somberness then they would almost surely crack a joke to break it. This is real.

Attached: TellaJoke.jpg (500x482, 67.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xOtdc3kDR3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Quips are fine, but there needs to be a balanced between Quips and seriousness. IW is probably the best example of it. A bunch of very Quipy characters are put into a single movie, and yet when things get dark, they actually commit to it.

Quip humor ruined cinema forever. Just look at the DnD trailer that came out recently, same fucking humor. It's become industry standard and it ruined everything for me, I only stick to old movies and video games now because of that shit.

Attached: 1504291076450.png (306x306, 141.25K)

The quips are realistic to real life. This is what the real world is like, people don't walk around like it's a fucking movie trying to make the audience cry and shouting at each other. Normal people crack jokes

As someone who's actually dealing with normal people on regular basis (unlike 99% of this board), they don't. Most normies don't have a sense of humor or even a personality. And even if they do, it wouldn't be quip humor.

Your move, Sunny Jim.

There's a difference between this and 'dance me off bro' tier shit. Also you must know the balance. 'Yippee ki-yay motherfucker' is a perfect quip, it's one of few funny lines in Die Hard but it has impact. If the movie had same shit every 3 minutes then there would be no impact.

Life is pain and suffering, no time for quips

Yes holy shit go outside. Funerals depends on culture but even in capeshit they aren't cracking jokes until after it
Similarly in dangerous situations like in the OP people will crack jokes after they pass instantly, have you never been in a near car crash with your friends or something? The moment everything is ok everyone will start laughing and making fun of the driver.

Trying way too hard, child

Attached: 1658502750091832.png (811x435, 34.21K)

Quip humor is fine when it's limited. A few timed a film max. We're going to need a bigger boat style. The problem is during Arnold's run of action films and even worse the Nightmare on Elm Street series it started to be every damn kill or fight. Don't wake my friend he's dead tired. Kill you last.. I lied. Subzero. Now plain zero.
Some land ok, most don't and it really started a terrible over use issue

>when a capeshitter tries to debate

Attached: worry.jpg (281x317, 10.54K)

You’ve never done anything involving a near death experience in your life, you larping indoor bound retard.

Or you’re still an immature dipshit edgelord and deserve a giant ass fucking by life. Either way, your analogy is about the stupidest thing I’ll read today that isn’t your faggot ass response to this.

this thread is the worst thing I've ever seen but at least the cookies are going to be nice you brought the cookies right?

Still trying way too hard
Get.
Over.
Yourself.
Child.

Arnold's one-liners were funny because they weren't. His expressionless face and flat delivery made his jokes a form of anti-humour. Marvel quipshit is a different species of joke entirely, it has more in common with sitcom humour. A lot of these Marvel gags would not be out of place on an episode of Friends.

again, people crying and screaming is realistic
but so is people making action-hero one-liners in response
neither is more or less realistic than the other, people are built different from each other

you can look up transcripts of fighter pilots simply going "left wing is gone? guess i have to use the right" in response to being told they have damage
reality is just stranger than people give it credit. Saw a guy break down crying at a funeral once. He reassured everyone he wasn't sad his friend died but that his friend borrowed $500 for him before he did

>people crack jokes in real life even when dying
>noooo, its not realistic
some people are just built different, thats the truth

>real life is a whedon film
You're autistic, incel.

>for the love of God
Surprised fedoras haven't jumped on this harder, then again those guys love weirdos like Joss.

Are you from reddit?

Quips are movies imitating life imitating joss whedon TV shows imitating proto-reddit mannerisms.

>No rebuttal

no offense but you sound like a disingenuous faggot. humor has been a coping mechanism in stressful situations since forever

Is it you again? The guy who always posts this thread? The touchy guy who gets blown out every time and comes back a few days/weeks later to make the same insecure argument? I can see you've slightly changed your argument from "It's a crowd-pleaser!" to "This is literally what people do" but none of that makes Marvel garbage any more appealing.

Quip humor aggravates nerds and social failures because they "find it unrealistic" to have enough natural (or practiced) charisma to be able to make someone else smile with an off the cuff joke. The truth is it's so easy for most normal people to do after even a cursory level of socialization that their adamant insistence upon it's removal from media is extremely telling. In short, niggas be triggered.

Attached: 1656966810038.jpg (740x633, 388.44K)

Did you just imply that talking with normal people regularly is somehow a rare and difficult skill to have?

autism

>undermine tension
>undermine drama
>dont let your audience feel anything except the occasional mild nasal exhale in place of an actual laugh

the Coulson one is fine, Tony asking for shwarma is egregious and I despise it

I don’t think I’ve ever felt the need to do such things in my life. Frankly such a thing seems odd to me. I know others have done such things but I can’t recall a time I ever did something like this (though I’ve never been in a car crash.)

no they are both fine

Fpbp