So where does Any Forums land on this?

So where does Any Forums land on this?

Attached: inception-top-stop-spinning-or-not-feature.png (958x477, 477.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ms56yWZak9w
hindustantimes.com/hollywood/christopher-nolan-explains-inception-s-cryptic-ending-says-reality-matters/story-IE8hft1toWsFXrq2K00mMN.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

basically: all your sexual desires inside a dream.

Wanna be crushed by a giant big boobed lady? Go right ahead.

Want to experience cock and ball torture? Be my guest.

Do you want to be suffocated by a giant ass? No judging.

The possibilities are endless with the technology of dream tech.

Attached: 1651167636837.png (616x628, 473.64K)

not his totem

Darndle darndle darndle
I made you out of blarn
And when you're dry and ready
With blarn I shall darn

Cool it with the anti-semitic remarks

Attached: whoa.png (438x495, 178.07K)

Nolan confirmed it's reality
youtu.be/Ms56yWZak9w

simplest explanation tends to be the right one

Protip: It literally doesn’t matter if it's reality or a dream.
You autists care only about the simple surface-level narrative and plot point closures.
In the final scene Cobb spins the totem but he doesn't even look at it because he doesn't care, he just wants to be with his kids no matter is it real or not at that point.
It's always the same unimportant questions, "who is the shooter" in The Hunt, "who sent the tapes" in Cache, "was it waterboarding or rape" in Sicario etc. If you asked any director these kind of questions they would be disappointed.
Tell me what changes if you know if everything was a dream or not? What knowledge do you get out of that fact, does that change the film in any way possible?

Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them, that would be pretty shallow. Focus on why is something shown in that way rather than what it is.

Just admit you don't know that it isn't a dream.
Michael Caine was never in his dreams.
How does Nolan filter you so

>In the final scene Cobb spins the totem but he doesn't even look at it because he doesn't care, he just wants to be with his kids no matter is it real or not at that point.
>Cobb himself doesn’t stop to check if the top keeps spinning or not. He rushes to hug his kids, leaving the totem behind. In that moment, he no longer cares if his world is real or not.
>hindustantimes.com/hollywood/christopher-nolan-explains-inception-s-cryptic-ending-says-reality-matters/story-IE8hft1toWsFXrq2K00mMN.html
I, too, googled it.

The entire movie is a dream and it's about stealing the methodology of inception.

>How does Nolan filter you so
Better ask that yourself, since you're not agreeing with Nolan himself.

but Nolan has literally meant for it to be a puzzle a viewer can figure out. see he even added a sound of the spinner dropping during the credits

It wobbled so it was going to fall. When he spins it in a dream earlier to show how it never falls it just spins perfectly straight.

>but Nolan has literally meant for it to be a puzzle a viewer can figure out.
No he didn't. You're a moron.

You're both kind of right, stop arguing. The point is Cobb isn't paranoid about whether he's dreaming or in reality anymore. In the past, he was still filled with doubt and guilt because of Mal. He's in reality but now he doesn't need to totem to confirm it. He's now learnt to rely on a bit of faith.

it doesn't make sense but that's kinda the point. He just doesn't care if it's real or not. Nolan accidentally made good ending while fucking it up.

Dream tech is very mediocre. The thing most people seem not to understand is that you're not in control in a dream. Dreaming is like being black out drunk. You're EXTREMELY mentally impaired, because the majority of your brain is sleeping.

If it were possible to take an IQ test in a dream, I don't think I'd score higher than 60. That's how bad it is. It's also why the movie doesn't work, because in real life nobody questions a dream. I frequently dream that I'm back in my childhood bed, in a house I haven't seen in 20 years. Not once do I think it strange.

in the video I linked, Michael Kane literally talks about how Nolan explained the ending to him, saying that it was reality.

>because in real life nobody questions a dream
It happened to me. I wake up once I realise I'm dreaming.

Better to die a good man than live as a monster

in the video you linked there's 85 year old Michael Caine talking about an event from 12 years ago where 73 year old Michael Caine didn't understand something about his character and then the director Nolan told him an information to better direct him for his scenes

It's possible to question a dream, but it requires a very big event. I used to use my watch to lucid dream all the time, because all you have to do is look at it twice in a couple of seconds to see if the time is still the same.

Every single time I checked, it felt like it was just a normal day, and I was just doing a quick sanity check. And every time it failed, I was surprised, even if the content of the dream up until that point was absolutely preposterous to me after I woke up. You don't actually question the dream, something happens that makes you realise that it's a dream and this can't be happening. A recent one I had was my teeth falling out.