Violence good

>Violence good

Attached: fight-club.25541-683x1024.jpg (683x1024, 155.56K)

It can be.

Human history has proven this.

the violence good part is just the smokescreen for all the purposeful homosexual subtext the movie and book have going on

shut up fag

Congratulations, you have fallen for propaganda.

I'd love to have a fight club in my town, would be kick ass

That's actually the opposite of the movie's message.

>meanwhile I will proceed to cut my dick off and call myself a woman! :)

>credit cards bad

Most people are filtered by the fact Project Mayhem is a cult. Don't expect them to understand why the violence is ironic. It's kind of the movie's fault for changing the ending of the book so drastically though.

They are though. Bankers are evil and usury is a sin.

>It's a cult so it's bad
Is an extremely surface level examination
You should get in a fight at least once imo. It's the greatest physical realization you are ever going to experience

>filtered
No, it's quite literally a cult retard. Here's the comparison of the endings:

Book: Target is the Museum of Natural History (an entirely different symbol that underscores just what nihilism is aiming at). Marla saves The Narrator by making him conscious of himself (i.e. traditional symbolic role for a female love interest). The bombs fail to go off (it's an anti-climax). The Narrator tries to kill himself but fails and ends up in the psych ward. In the end, he's lost his mind and he sees what he did as an achievement; Project Mayhem still lives (i.e. the violent impulse is eternal and it's part of a forever war).

Movie: The target is credit card companies (i.e. instead of the true nature of nihilism we get a mission the audience sympathizes with and cheers on). The Narrator goes on a heroic rescue mission to save the damsel in distress. He sacrifices himself by shooting himself in the head to kill Durden and save Marla. He embraces her, starts making out with her (even though he just shot himself in the mouth, kek), The Pixies blare, and the bombs go off in the background. There are no consequences and all irony is lost.

If you've only seen the movie it's not your fault you were filtered. You're still dumb but you have an excuse at least.

>SMOOOOKE

No I'm saying you aren't looking at why the cult was successful in the first place.
Violence being an inherent part of man isn't bad. The movie actually has a better ending imo since the protagonist reconciles that with being a functional person rather than just packing a sad at the realization.
The cult is bad because it glorifies self destruction not because it's violent

>No I'm saying you aren't looking at why the cult was successful in the first place.
No. You just said it was a superficial reading and I don't believe you realized it was a cult. A lot of people don't.
>Violence being an inherent part of man isn't bad.
No one said it was but you touched on the reason the violence in the fight club is ironic. They're literally destroying themselves in order to free themselves. Simple as. It's a pretty on-the-nose metaphor but most people miss even that.

>gay author writes story with obvious gay subtext
wow

A movie does not have a singular "message." Even if the writer or director intended to convey a specific idea, it hardly makes their interpretation the correct one.

>I don't believe you realized it was a cult
Yeah it takes a genius to realize the guys chanting "his name was Robert Paulson" are a fucking cult.
What a retard, get over yourself

That's just violence towards yourself

>gays ONLY think about GAY all the time
now that I think about it, I guess you're right

Faggots falsely project homoeroticism into anything that has masculinity as its subject matter and any art that celebrates the male form. You see them do this when it comes to fascist imagery and even with religious-themed renaissance paintings (e.g. sex is a metaphor in depictions of religious ecstasy but faggots literally make it about cooming). Palainuck is a homo but there's nothing homoerotic in the book; if you read that into it you might be a fag.
It is pretty obvious and Fight Club is by no means a difficult book. Sorry you were filtered and couldn't come up with a better example as to how it's a cult (e.g. psychological control from a literal initiation ritual onward or even the simple fact they're required to wear uniforms).

Get over yourself