Is there a point in driving stick in 2022?

Attached: baby_driver-1_jpg.png (768x432, 756.17K)

it's fun

Theft prevention. But just don't live around niggers

Drive what you like. I loved my last manual but I was queuing on the motorway every morning for work and it became more of a nuisance than a pleasure. Now I don't have to sit in traffic and I miss it. I have half a mind to change back next car, but we'll see.

It makes you look like a MAN, like you’re in control. Picture this scenario, you pick up a slightly drunk girl from the bar as an Uber driver because you’ve watched too many De Niro.
Now which has one would the girl be more likely to fuck, The guy who handles a stick or the guy who drives automatic?
That’s right. The guy whos in CONTROL!

I never understood the "stick" term. An automatic car still has a stick.

You have aspergers.

better on gas if you shift properly, manual transmissions have less moving parts than automatic so last longer without needing maintenance, it's fun to shift gears. thoase are all still good reasons

Neither because life isn't a movie where women throw themselves at Uber drivers

>better on gas if you shift properly
No, it isn't.

it's more fun to browse Any Forums while driving.

Dealerships will sell them cheaper than a comparable automatic. Also, I've heard that manuals get slightly better gas mileage, which could save a lot if you end up driving hundreds of thousands of miles.

Lol
Lmao
That hasn't been true for like 20 years
Manuals literally destroy fuel efficiency and cuck you out of the possibility of a CVT

yep

To make insecure manlets feel like they have something to be condescending about

t. Gear grinder

Nah, most of the guys I see driving it probably just do it because they think they look cool or something. Seen many dudes try it and then they realize they don't need it so it's pointless.

Correct
Wrong
Correct
Retard alert
Wrong

You drive them because you like to drive them. You find the engagement enjoyable and you like the feeling of intimate control it gives you over the vehicle's operation. All other reasons are retarded cope, especially the "muh gas savings". Excepting hypermiling autism, automatic cars have gotten similar MPG in the real world (not on the sticker) since the late 90's.

You can save several thousand dollars on the same model car. If your parents drive stick, or at least remember how to, you can buy the car and they can teach you how to use it over the course of a day.

you're into CBT? that's weird user

Modern automatics blow away manuals in terms of fuel economy. There will be that one guy that says he can shift faster but it simply isn't true. I've driven my own car in both manual and automatic varieties and I only average 32 em pee gees in my manual and get 36 in the auto version. I'm a pretty good manual driver as well.

>manual transmissions have less moving parts than automatic so last longer without needing maintenance
I drive a manual and this is fucking wrong. There's a reason why even in European countries where manual is the norm the vast majority of company cars are automatics because they're cheaper on maintenance.
> it's fun to shift gears
This is the only valid reason and the only one required.

You then lose that money over time on fuel though. So it's not really saving you anything.

I do, but that doesn't invalidate my point.

t. bases his self-image on being able to use obsolete technology that impresses no one

I wasn't trying to be mean. It's just a weird thing to say. When you say "stick" everybody knows what you mean. You are really cool.
I wish you the best luck in life user.

I barely ever have passengers in my car but I drive a stick shift Corolla hatchback (2021) but I live in a state with a lot of open back roads, I'm not a city dweller. So personally I just prefer the feeling of driving a stick shift. It's more intimate. It's more control, and it's also just fun. So personally, that's why I prefer it.

Can't coast without a clutch

because it's easy. and does a lot of damage

It's not even a meme, alot of zoomers and millennials just don't know how to drive stick. So sometimes you can feel a little superior to them sure, but mostly they also can be cheaper because of that reason. The irony being, learning manual really isn't hard, at all.

>Corolla Hatch 6MT driver on 4channel
I thought I was the only one. You are based.

Attached: 1645852090956.png (645x773, 918.56K)

I drive

>You can save several thousand dollars on the same model car
Generally speaking that's not true in current year

I never drove an automatic car, always manual transmission, but if you can't downshift whenever you want, you would have less control over the vehicle in an emergency, maybe it would cause some damage, but again in an emergency... The automatic would slowly stop right? Even if you turned the ignition off, it would still be slowing down in it's own pace, the manual you can do that yourself, again, it would not be good for the transmission, but in an emergency... I think you have a little more control over the vehicle, but I don't think that's enough motive to move to stick, I think it's very unlikely something like that would actually happen.