This movie

What went wrong?

Attached: image-w1280.jpg (1280x720, 133.25K)

there was no cohesive story

It was made

Would that it were so simple.

Way too inside baseball

nothing, it's kino

are their people who watch Coen bros. films and aren't film and film history nerds?

Nothing, it was pretty good. Made fun of communists though so I can understand why people here hate it

Nothing in particular. It was just a moderately entertaining shaggy dog tale/send-up of an era. Obviously one of their weaker movies, but still more interesting to watch than 95% of the dog shit that gets released these days.

I was underwhelmed after my first viewing, but enjoyed it far more after revisiting it. Underrated Coen film.

>are their people who watch Coen bros. films and aren't film and film history nerds?
normies know the coens

That makes for a good movie, sure. But it failed at the box office because it had no main stream appeal

>Would that t'were so simple.
ftfy

>Would't t'were so simple
ftft

it's not a standalone film
it's part of their postwar trilogy

No Dames

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71.15K)

it’s comfy fuck you. Coen bros are the only people who have no issue cranking out a light hearted movie not full of repulsive cynicism. Also only jews i’ve seen mock communism.

it btfos both jews and communists
so we're not allowed to like it

but the coens are liberal jews

>liberal jews
maybe they say this, but i don't see this in their movies at all

This was the only time i've gone to a movie on opening weekend and no one was in the theater except me. And the usher who came in partway through and did an actual double take when he saw it was just me in there.
I think the Coens were going for something here but I had no idea what and it just came off as a bad variety show to me.

*twere

Was this movie saying communism is based?

yeah thats how they know the jew bullshit and can make a comedy out of it