Tobey Maguire is a pretty bad actor

Tobey Maguire is a pretty bad actor.

Attached: Tobey_Maguire_2014[1].jpg (769x1024, 368.84K)

Attached: 1a6.png (680x459, 293.68K)

He was in Spiderman which came out when I was a child therefore he is amaze-balls.

He was amazing in LOTR and won oscars for it

Attached: c5zuz9f7tsv51.png (1022x628, 187.28K)

Perhaps, but he's my Spiderman.

Attached: spiderman 3 ending.jpg (1107x483, 73.82K)

hmmmm
he was kind of a flatline in The Great Gatsby, although that's the character, so tough call.
I don't remember what else he was in. I saw The Cider House Rules but forgot about it the next day.

I just watched Gatsby two nights ago and I think he played the character on the page, but was also likely cast for that same reason, that he's kind of bland. Eggerton stole the show.

>t. zoomer who hasn’t seen Pleasantville or Seabiscuit

Eggerton stole the show because he spent the movie bellowing his lines at the top of his lungs and sweating. He was basically Lois' dad from Family Guy. I don't know what the fuck Baz Lurman does to his actors to consistently get the most brutal, crude performances possible.

Well I liked it. Leo just played Gatsby like a yankee Calvin Candie.

The fuck?
The New England Old Money thing was a put-on executed by a character who was in fact from North Dakota.
Leo couldn't portray that because, as you bizzarely point out, he was hucking the exact same shit from the very most recent movie he was in.
Weird take.

Hes gonna get an Oscar when his new Oscar bait movie comes out

>Babylon (December 25, 2022)
Directed by Damian Chazelle.

Chronicles of the rise and fall of Hollywood stars during the movie industry’s chaotic transition from silent films to "talkies" in the 1920's.

>Margot Robbie as Clara Bow, the movie star and sex symbol who was Hollywood’s first "It" girl.
>Brad Pitt as John Garrett, an aging leading man unable to adapt to his new reality.
>Li Jun Li as Anna May Wong, Hollywood's first Chinese-American movie star.
>Jovan Adepo as Sidney Palmer, a talented and hotheaded trumpeter.
>Jean Smart as Elinor Glyn, a famous gossip columnist who can make or break careers.
>Tobey Maguire as Irving Thalberg, a powerful MGM Studios executive.
>Samara Weaving.
>Katherine Waterson.
>Phoebe Tonkin.
>Olivia Wilde.
>Max Minghella.
>Diego Calva.
>Lukas Haas.
>Damon Gumpton.
>Rory Scovel.
>P.J. Byrne.
>Eric Roberts.
>Spike Jonze.
>Flea

He was good in that forgettable show The Spoils of Babylon. Also, I remember him being good in Brothers.

Also casting Leo as a young charming con man has a meta quality due to Catch Me If You Can.

It's like trying to explain to a brick why it's not very bright

You're not obligated to talk to me.

I believe his acting when he is on screen, I buy him as the character. He also seems kinda autistic as every character he plays. But that's okay, I dig it.

>Be actor
>Get cast as Nerdy Peter Parker
>Get into high-stakes poker with your Spider-Man money
>Win fuckload of money by people under-estimating you cause they just see Peter Parker
>Basically no longer have to act because you have so much money

True chad if you ask me

that was Daniel Radcliffe...

He's actually very good. He's just not worried about being sexy and cool, which makes women and fags seethe.

Idgaf what anyone thinks, he IS Spider-Man and I'll love him forever for helping to make my childhood awesome.

>sexy and cool
>makes women and fags seethe
ha ha you have failed at being what you are pls kys ty

high-stakes poker requires incredible acting and observational skills to succeed at
There's a reason it's called a "poker face"

meds