The more I watch this show...

The more I watch this show, the more I realize that I'm proven right about how good characters should never be explored too much. This is why prequels are fundamentally a bad idea, they just ruin things that were already established. They took the most likeable qualities of Saul in BB, turned him into a far more bland and less sympathetic character and retconned the things we liked about him in BB into a cope.
Saul didn't need any more depth that what was written in BB. In BB, we liked that he was a dodgy amoral character who loves what he does, but BcS shat over that by over exploring him to tell us "no, it doesn't make him happy, he's actually miserable and sad", "no, he's not just a dodgy ex-conman, he's a human being with layers whoaaaa".
Some characters just don't have to be explored. It's like making a good painting and then ruining it by working on it too much. I'd rather it had been a spinoff that was set right after BB rather than a prequel.

Attached: 9lBWFMhAAPbkwAAAAA=.jpg (960x1440, 246.76K)

Saul is better character now thanks to BCS.

I think the first few seasons were an interesting exploration of the character, but then they got too wrapped up in cartel bullshit and forgot about fulfilling the actual premise of the show.

>spend endless hours on Mike sitting in a car and meandering cartel bullshit, forget to actually develop Jimmy as a character like you promised
>uuuuhhhhhh fuck his girlfriend leaves him and then we smashcut to 6 years later where he's a completely different person, don't worry /bcs/ will defend it

Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad.

No, people hated BCS before, they called it "boring", ratings tanked

It stopped free-falling around season 5... where the show got good

only contrarians think the first seasons of lawyer drama were better

wow i feel even more vindicated thinking the show died with chuck now

Filtered af

Attached: BFF7EAED-A015-4B1C-A411-37AB5EEB3FA2.gif (220x220, 559.43K)

and i feel vindicated that you're an asshole, how about that ?

No, get fucked.
Jimmy McGill is the best character in television history.

Attached: 1658198876533824.jpg (452x678, 50.77K)

>this is why prequels are fundamentally a bad idea, they just ruin things that were already established
This. The star wars prequels sucked too.

Taking the comic relief character and giving him a backstory never works out as well as keeping him confined to the source material.

Whats the consensus on this point? I thought the show wrapped up all the ongoing plotlines and developed jimmy enough that the timeskip to breaking bad saul was not jarring, and even a bit emotionally hitting seeing jimmy regress so much into what his brother always saw him as.

Attached: 1656264964141.png (454x550, 182.88K)

Attached: reddit spacing.png (866x475, 53.08K)

>I me I me me I me I
This isn't a plan B for your failed blog. Fuck off nobody cares.

fuck off

I've always thought this is retarded.
I'm used to that spacing because of markdown.

Only when they retroactively ruin the characters or other things about the show. BCS hasn't ruined anything about Breaking Bad.

I agree with you.
I never needed to see Jimmy become Saul 1:1. I thought leasing out his exact office and the statue of liberty balloon was already a step too far.
You can leave some stuff to the audience's imagination.
I would've been fine with the show ending with Chuck's death as a reasonable amount of backstory for why Saul is the way he is.

Capeshitters don't deserve rights.

>where the show got good

Attached: 1658162730791343.jpg (376x369, 14.28K)

The only thing BCS accomplished was provide further justification for Walt's actions in BB because he is the one who ended all these retards