Why hasn't he made a single good thing since Drive?

why hasn't he made a single good thing since Drive?

Attached: refn.jpg (1432x2048, 598.11K)

ogf was good

he doesn't want to

Too old to die young is the best piece of media from the last decade.
Too bad you got filtered.

Why did his wife steal his chin?

Because Drive was a more traditionally Hollywood movie. Refn is as artsy as artsy directors get, and he only wound up directing Drive because of Ryan Gosling.

The story of how they met was pretty funny.

>Drive
>Good
Someone, call this man an ambulance.

Attached: fried.jpg (1200x502, 137.29K)

Its just needlessly long and pretentious. Martin, Viggo and Diana are the only interesting characters. The whole beaner storyline was absolute dogshit from start to finish.
I'll admit episode 5 was pretty good but that doesn't make the whole series good or worth watching. It really should have ended at episode 8.

Attached: 1531379205005.png (441x636, 390.32K)

so much this, too old to die young was so kino

heartman

>Hollywood devours you and you then become one of them, I'm not interested in that
>does exactly that and turns into hollyturd director
His original stuff was great because it wasn't just visually well-crafted but straight-forward real life issues handled in a non-apologetic and authentic fashion. Even something as stylized as Bronson had character and humanity to it. Now he's just masturbating away and self-obsessed.

drive was dogshit

The beaner story line was the best. It's a good mythos on the downfall of the US.
>Needlessly long
Entirely missed the point of why the scenes worked. The series is not about the plot. Refn has always focused on aesthetics and violence as an art form. Long dry scenes accentuate the contrast between the unbearable uneventfulness of life and the short bursts of violence like lightning in a clear sky.
>Pretentious
Just code word for being stupid and unable to appreciate film as anything else but a story.

Someone, call this man an wahmbulance.

You know they were joking in that interview right?
Refn is as good as Friedkin too. He has his distinctive style and vision, which is really rare for a contemporary director.

Refn unites psueds and dilettantes alike.

LOL

The two having a laugh changes little about Friedkin's genuine thoughts on OGF. I think that film is alright but to call it a masterpiece, or Drive; which Friedkin also correctly identifies as a topic that'll have to sit for a few decades, is absurd.

Being a contrarian faggot doesn't make you interesting.

Sorry nicolas, it just wasn't good.

>does 1 Hollywood movie
>people get angry his other movies are complete autismcore

Friedkin is also full of himself. Refn is an autist who doesn't know when to fake modesty and honestly says what he thinks which makes him look like a self agrandizing faggot but Friedkin has no such excuse.
He's just a boomer sniffing his own farts and owning it.

Drive was surprisingly violent but really nothing special. I don't know how Ryan gets away with not acting in every movie, I mean, not acting poorly, but just not acting at all. I guess because he's handsome

That's your dumb mutt opinion.
Tell me a good series in your opinion so that I can shit on it too.