Pancakes and cereal

Why is it always pancakes or cereal that people eat in the mornings in american movies? And orange juice. That shit is disgusting, no surprise you all fat and stupid.

Do you really do this in real life too? I know for a fact that americans wear shoes indoors like in movies, but.. cereal and pancakes for breakfast? That's too much..

t. European eating eggs or whatever for breakfast. More often than not I just skip the breakfast nowadays.

Attached: Fluffy-pancakes-RC.jpg (1200x1200, 175.52K)

>And orange juice. That shit is disgusting
Laughing at your Vitamin C deficient diet
Enjoy having kidney stones and poor eyesight and me talk health because you couldn't handle the pure health that is O.J

Never had time for breakfast growing up I got used to not having it. On the weekends I might have an English muffin/toast, bacon or sausage, and eggs.

Cereal is prepared instantly. You shove it in your mouth and go to work. In film, the character eating cereal is either in a hurry or too lazy to make any other kind of food, usually the latter. He's often in pajamas to emphasize the laziness. Cereal is something you eat in America because you need fuel for work. Eating cereal without a goal is a sign of laziness.

Pancakes are actually cooked, unlike cereal. In film, they symbolize parental love because kids love pancakes but they have to be made and cooked by the parents. Often in film, a deadbeat dad will take his kid to a restaurant and order them pancakes, showing that he's a piece of shit because he won't make pancakes himself. He's just acting like he cares about the kids. Or, there's a mother who makes her kid pancakes and is like, "shut up, hurry up and eat your pancakes, we have to go." she is also superficially loving her kid. Rather than letting the kid be themself, the mother is forcing her ideals on the child

So there's American breakfast symbolism in film. Hth

rent free

I can never eat pancakes in the morning, they're too filling, but I'll eat a stack of them for dinner

Americans are addicted to insulin and are being intentionally put on track to be dependent on it by big corporations.

Go keto now and save your life
>t.lost 70lbs

english breakfast are the best. Though can quickly make you fat if you're on a cut. Had those for a week when I was visiting Ireland, and I must admit, even black pudding was great despite hating it for how it is done.

But american breakfast is just corn syrup and carbs. Nothing else. Shit's disgusting

>And orange juice. That shit is disgusting
I can understand not caring about pancakes and cereal, but orange juice is fantastic and you are a barbarian.

Attached: F3754CAA-F9CA-4592-B182-DD6CE85FED05.jpg (680x680, 36.93K)

Thanks that explained a lot, honestly. But what about real life? Do amerimutts really? I mean, ok once a week it is fine to eat pancakes or cereal but everytime???

Cereal is quite literally the most basic, go-to breakfast here.

I'm an American and I eat eggs, yogurt with berries, and steel-cut oats every morning. Unless I skip breakfast then it's just coffee.

I ate cereal a lot when I was a kid, and on Sundays my mom would frequently make pancakes. The cereal/pancake trope is a reminder of childhood, nostalgia for simpler days. That's why you see it so much

Orange juice is the worst part of an American breakfast. More sugar than a soda, and somehow it's okay to give it to children. You should be drinking milk.

In fact I'd wager obesity in the US would fall by 90% if you just told parents that it's not okay or normal or healthy to give your children fruit juice daily.

Nah, OP here, I always believed in CICO and it worked for me for 9 years and counting. Never got fat again after I decided to count calories ( with rare excapetions when on vacation etc.)

Carbs are fucking neccesary, even more so than protein, to keep you alive. I also incorporate fats too but mostly focus on carbs>protein>then fat.

Do people really not wear shoes indoors

Fucking animals

English breakfast looks like something I would try but is way too much for me in the morning.

Original cereals are decent but not especially healthy. Cheerios, Wheeties, Grape Nuts, Shredded Wheat, etc. It prepares instantly and the textural contrast between the cold milk and the cereal is nice. Sliced banana on top is also good. In the winter time try microwaving grape nuts and milk and then drizzling some honey on top. Great stuff.

Pancakes on the weekend is kino. If you haven't had proper diner-made pancakes you're missing out.

Yes, orange juice from the store is gross. It's just acid and sugar. Fresh stuff is great but you don't need much.

>t. European eating eggs or whatever for breakfast. More often than not I just skip the breakfast nowadays.

This is the healthiest way to go. Eggs with some homemade sourdough is delicious.

once in a while, sure, but not everyday. Shit is acidic and high in calories.I think that like some anons pointed it out, american diet is so shit that they need orange juice to supply them with vitamin C despite it being plentiful in fruits and veggies.

Pancakes and big breakfasts are usually reserved for a Sunday morning or something, cereals are quick and easy to make on weekdays.

Because bacon and eggs isn't a kosher meal

I cant afford breakfast.

I get one loaf of bread a week. No butter. If im feeling rich then I'll get tiger bread. £1.70.

The rest of my money goes on rent, tax and child support. Im looking forward to October, i can replace my shoes then

This is what I want you to do. Pick a state and city of your choice in the US. Come live here for a couple months and just enjoy yourself.

For me? Pancakes that have a little crispy edge to it

Thanks, my plan is to visit USA some time in near future and gonna observe their habbit. I used to eat cereal when I was a teen though, but maybe 2-3 months a year, not everyday for a year

for me, it's french toast

Attached: 9109744.jpg (960x960, 716.41K)

thanks for your response. I ate pancakes (europoor version of it) and cereal too when I was a kid. Have a nice day/night

My monday through friday is usually hardboiled eggs some ham slices and toast.

Are you serious? How can you survive on just 1 loaf of bread per week?

OP here, right now I am with my socks on. When it gets really hot, I remove them. But usually I am barefoot or with socks indoors. And slippers if I am at my moms.

>t. limp dick ketofag
CARBS are nummy and I only eat my nummies

To add to that, my mom would also make bacon or sausage with the pancakes. Sundays were a lot of fun, and my friends were always impressed with how much my mom made.

Strangely enough, in Europe I almost never ate breakfast. Eggs didn't seem that important, and other than bread or some other pastry European breakfasts seemed pretty sparse. If you're wondering about cereal, like other anons ITT have said it's a quick, easy breakfast you can eat between taking a shower and going to school. Toast is another quick breakfast, but Cocoa Puffs were usually more appealing to a youthful palate

>my plan is to visit USA some time in near future
Don't, we hate tourists. It's expressly why we refused to adopt metric.

I agree, but once I tried it I ordered it everyday for a week. Very filling and most likely over 1000 kcals in one meal, so not very healthy (if you wanna lose weight) but quite tasty. I'd rather get english breakfast then skip dinner rather than eat pancakes or cereal in the morning.

This is a lie, we love tourists and are enamored with accents. It's just that Imperial makes sense for a lot of things like bodily measurements or weather.

Fuck you made mistakes in your life and now you gotta pay for it. Then again, we all make mistakes, just don't off yourself, life is wonderful.

I eat the biscuits at work. In my old role my coworkers kinda took pity on me and would bring in cakes etc, but they all knew it was mainly for me. Im so proud i couldnt eat it, but by Thursday id eat it. I self harm a lot and im known as being a complete wreck.

I changed role recently and my new coworkers are a lot more ruthless, and there are no more biscuits. So i just sleep when i finish work. My fridge is empty, and I've had two slices so far, so hopefully i can make this one last