Finally gave it a chance. Aside from 90% of the characters being women or ethnic, it wasnt too bad...

Finally gave it a chance. Aside from 90% of the characters being women or ethnic, it wasnt too bad. Modern writing sucks though. This whole era of sarcastic, conversational dialog is really off-putting with stuff like "I love science, yeah its kinda my thing" And Nurse Chapel is some kind of ADHD freak now.

Attached: file.png (930x512, 663.43K)

Okay. So it could have been worse. Thanks OP.

Like any media these days, that seems to be the norm sadly

Attached: Chapel spoopy.png (372x340, 283.77K)

>dark eyebrows

>I hate woke shit but I thought SNW was ok-ish
Enjoy getting shitposted at by faggots from both sides. You're not allowed to just simply enjoy a perfectly watchable Trek-like show.

Attached: 1650599539314.jpg (1600x900, 289.26K)

I could just not watch it, but it has to at least be better than Discovery and Picard

>Finally gave it a chance. Aside from 90% of the characters being women or ethnic

Have you actually seen TOS?

Attached: Star_Trek_TOS_cast.jpg (1920x1080, 309.86K)

A see a bunch of white guys and a black and a woman

Well, you're actually looking at a bunch of Jews and a black woman. lol

This show was fucking gay and full of marvelesque quips. Rebecca Romjin is way past the wall and uncomfortable to look at. You're a faggot if you liked this show. At least Macfarlane keeps the Hollywood dream alive of casting young women in exchange for sex.

The dialog made it unwatchable to me. I could put up with overly flashy effects, the annoying millennial acting, and the muh diverse cast, but man the dialog is so bad.

>The dialog made it unwatchable to me
many such cases these days

i liked the one with the dead kid
spoilers

At least they remembered to make the characters distinct from each other this time. I actually remember names, unlike Discovery and Picard.

I tuned out after like 4 episodes but you motherfuckers bitching about this having ironic/sarcastic dialogue are out of your fucking minds, it was refreshingly a 1:1 copy of The Original Series, the only attemps at humour were in like episode 4 when the security chick didn't know about some ritual cadets had where they spacewalked on top of the ship or whatever.

Literally this is such a safe adaptation as it could possibly be, I ain't that into the original series to have to watch this shit but come on, this if anything is TOO safe and I don't see it getting any super memorable episodes, although I did really like the comet episode its clearly a derivative of TNG/TOS plots, I would like this show to do something cool like introduce a really interesting race maybe space plants or some shit? something unique for this series that isn't fucking vulcans and spock

I'm ok with Uhura

Attached: Celia Rose Gooding.webm (720x1280, 2.72M)

Seems like boomers who grew up on TOS, but for some reason hate everything else Star Trek really like it.

I watched it for Anson Mount and Ethan Peck to act rings around everyone else.

I gave it a try and dropped after the 3rd episode, it's just bad.

last episode where Pike is in the future was like watching fucking STD Eps 1-2 again. Literally had the Romulans going to war because the Federation didnt attack them. Just like the Klingons

We'll never see her in Uhura's actual uniform and that makes my penis said.

Yeah but the point of the episode was that being le wholesome himbo chef isn't always a good thing, some times you need big dick energy like Kirk to keep the baddies in line.