Possessor (2020)

this was absolute dogshit

Attached: MV5BNWQyMGRhYzEtMTI3MS00MjBhLTgzNjEtNTg4YmUwYmIwYzhkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg (2017x2992, 2.77M)

evidently, so dogshit it can't even be discussed here. thanks guys

I wouldn't go that far, it was OK at worst

>I come to Any Forums to discuss le movies!

Attached: 301 - glasses objectsoy open_mouth pepper soyjak variant_markiplier_soyjak.png (627x835, 862.23K)

It was pretty bad. Cronenberg is coasting on reputation at this point.

I liked it. Obviously a mix of ideas taken or outright plagiarized from everywhere, but solidly made, provocative enough and with strong imagery.

name one good scene.
kill yourself
it just felt so pointless. it didn't make me care about any of the characters, the visuals were retarded, the plot and i suppose the world were the only somewhat interesting things

> name one good scene.
All violence scenes, the cock shot, the beyond the black rainbow sequence, the mask scene from the poster.

>name one good scene

Attached: Possessor.2020.UNCUT.1080p.2.webm (1000x562, 2.93M)

>the mask scene from the poster
stupid. it looked and felt like it was made for tge trailer. it added nothing
>beyond the black rainbow sequence
what?
>the cock shot
silly, made her look unprofessional, as if it was her first time in a dude's body
>all violence scenes
literally the only decent one which didn't feel gratuitous was the final one, with the kid. rest of them either felt too long or uninteresting

You don't like movies just for their style, or you just don't understand style, that's fine, the movie's not for you, but it doesn't mean it's universally dogshit. And don't watch Beyond the Black Rainbow, you won't like it.

i have no idea why but this just looked cheap and i was bored out of my brain by this scene so i skipped through it heavily

did you watch the black phone?

No. As a matter of fact, Possessor was the last "new" I saw in years.

ah, fair enough. i suppose you're right, i might just not understand style. i appreciate the discussion and your input, at least

Considering the movie's genre and the director's style/aesthetics, what type of movie did you expect? It's a body horror/scifi movie made for adults.

Should have watched Thor: Love and Thunder instead

Attached: over.jpg (1154x817, 185.33K)

Each to their own. I enjoyed that scene. It illustrated well (to me) the guy trying to recalibrate/reset the neural link issue.
I've watched some crap horror films over the years but never thought to "skip heavily through scenes" as you put it.

What is a character? Some kind of network of associations, like mother, sister daughter, wife, girlfriend etc?

it was the first thing i watched by him, with there being only 2 films under his belt and all. i went in knowing only that i really enjoy his father's work
perhaps you should kill yourself

Maybe you simply weren't in the mood. Based on my experience, feeling relaxed and calm can drastically enhance your perception of cinema.

you know, those things through which the audience is supposed to feel engaged with the narrative, world, visuals. I don't really see the point of your question

>Kill yourself
>Kill yourself
>Kill yourself
Shut up you fucking loser

Now you know what to expect. At least I hope you watched the Uncut version.

filtered

why are you even in this thread if all you want to do is shit it up you moron. just admit to yourself that you're nothing but a waste of air and you'll never give meaning to anything in your life. accept it, then kill yourself
i did, i wanted to make sure i give it a good chance

No it was good. Not ground braking but good.
Better than any slop way more acclaimed directors like Spielberg or Snyder have put out throughout their careers.