Why did critics hate this so much? It 's undeniably kino

Why did critics hate this so much? It 's undeniably kino

Attached: file.png (250x312, 83.97K)

Because it cliche.

>protagonist has darkness in his soul
>protagonist tortures a guy
>protagonist slowly becomes the villain
>protagonist stares too long into the abyss and becomes the monster they were fighting
God i love this fuckin trope. I'll watch it every time.

Attached: 707j7y2jl2641.jpg (568x818, 59K)

I thought it was a bit generic but I don't understand why it got absolutely savaged by critics

This. There was nothing special about this show. It was good, and I enjoyed it. But that's it.

Nah, dude. You know why.

>40% rotton tomatoes for... 'cliche'

Give me a break. It's because he's an unapologetic christian white male and everyone knows it. It was kino. Has something similar been done before? Yeah, somewhat. Does that make it cliche. No, lol.

A show where the opening monologue references Christian canon, the protagonist is a white man of military background, and he uses associated tactics to achieve his goals. Why do you think critics hated it? For critics to like this show he would've had to have been the villain and the hero would've been the FBI goon that he repeatedly made look like a chump. Any show that implies the system and the establishment are capable of evil is counter to the status quo and therefore not recognized on merit.

Was he based?

Attached: The-Terminal-List-2022-Steve-Horn-Blazer.jpg (675x900, 63.19K)

critics care about the politics of what they're watching and nothing else

Attached: 7435423287.png (759x248, 88.85K)

Yes and no. Running combat drills as your lunchbreak is pretty based, but losing your cool under live fire is pretty gay. He was a dedicated larper, best I can say about him. There's guys that would perform better than him under fire that train in their backyard.

Better Rambo than Rambo 5

i mean critics don't like action to begin with unless it's camp, and some are biased against pratt for political reasons. for me it's a top 5 show of the year thus far
poseur operator was too good a baddie to go out that early. cartel triggerman and secdef couldn't compete. would've been better to have him freaking out in the house at the end as his goons get picked off, cliche be damned

It's not kino, but it's weirdly... Refreshing in how by-the-books 90s "conspiracy thriller" it felt? I don't know. I did enjoy it, and its reliance on tropes didn't bug me because it felt borderline nostalgiac, a bygone era.

Subversion of expectations has been abused to the point where tropes and cliches are refreshing and make you happy. It has come full circle.

chuds who dont carry water for the democratic party have no place in hollywood

So was this guy just a operator fanboy? He even had special forces tattoos!

he was cringe

he was crased

My man doesn't even tell his daughter she or he would go to heaven in the case of dying on the job. I don't know what halfass kind of thing the character was, but unambiguously Christian is not it.

Critics are fags and some of them lack a sense of impartial assessment. The series is currently rated 8,2 on imdb and it's very good

There's Christianity in it, that alone is enough to sink it with the soi sphere.

Was he a macguffin? They somewhat build him up to be a big badass but he doesn't even get a moment to attempt to fight, he just gets fucked up then dies like a bitch

It was incredibly boring (if you're old enough to have seen a million similar things) and often too darkly shot, but a very solid iteration of the military conspiracy thriller.

My main trouble was buying that even a halfwit corporate moneyman would come up with the plan "yeah have him do his whole family and then shoot up an MRI center and himself" rather than just, you know, put 2 in the back of his head or fake a normal suicide like his buddy got. Too many moving parts, points of failure. But it worked as an inciting incident all the same. Fun show, but probably even more exciting if you're younger.