Nominated for a Razzie for Conan 1982

>Nominated for a Razzie for Conan 1982
Why? It's an excellent performance?
>Poledouris wasn't nominated for an Oscar for the score
Again, why? One of the greatest orchestral pieces of the second half of the 20th Century period, never mind just in film.

Attached: MV5BMTQ4NzE2NDkzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzkxOTAxMTI@._V1_.jpg (2048x1335, 568.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CwzjlmBLfrQ?t=87
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thulsa Doom was a ridiculous villain, that's why

Why? His weird look is cause he's an Atlantean. Millius wanted him to look off for a reason

James Earl Jones's performance as Doom is better than his performance as Darth Vader. Doom's a better villain.

undoubtedly make some Hollywood kike seethe.

The razzies are and always have been terrible.

underrated take. Jones legit has no onteresting lines as Vader, it's the voice modulation and the body language of David Prowse that really drives Vader home.

its not a good conan movie. conan is like if one of those 300 spartan guys became an its always sunny character

Attached: warduke_zpsbee8369e.jpg (371x510, 25.52K)

This movie is so fucking stupid.

he isnt an Atlantean, Conans race the Cimmerians are descended from Atlanteans, but Thulsa Dooms appearance was supposed to look strange and unusual as he was supposed to be a member of a lost race like the Atlanteans.

maybe not a good conan movie but its a great movie. its very based and redpilled as fuck.

>its very based and redpilled as fuck.
You don't even know what these mean anymore you parrot retard

Razzies had some dumb choices. They nominated The Thing for worst score.

oh so you actually are a faggot kike then? contemplate this on the tree of woe

Attached: 1640813274666.webm (1280x544, 2.39M)

i doubt critics cared about conan lore

'Sword and Sorcery' has always been considered schlock and camp by default so critics were never going to take a movie like this seriously.

Thief won for worst score i think. tangerine dream is absolutely kino

Kill yourself

Conan unironically had great visuals and was able to tell a lot of its story through action and not exposition. Very fun and memorable movie with some philosophy to it ie. the riddle of steel.
Soundtrack is based beyond belief too.

the riddle of steel and is something you can apply to your own life every day. theres also something to be said for thulsa doom and his cult of brainwashed followers. doom is a vampire, a soul drinker, he corrupts people with his message of peace and sends children out to murder their parents in the night. he is the leader of a massive death cult and he wants to destroy the soul of mankind by destroying its history and culture, symbolized by conans upbringing as a slave and gladiator. thulsa doom is a shapeshifting reptiloid snakeman for fucksake.

I thought Tulsa was likely a Stygian (notEgyptian) sorcerer

I am pretty sure he was Lemurian.

It's better than Howard's stories, which is rare for adaptions. More thematically cohesive, more insight into the human condition.

>based and redpilled as fuck
It's much less concerned with racial essentialism than Howard's stories.

You sir need to acquire some taste or put down the so.y lattes. I'd suggest both for maximum output, but I don't expect much of you.

Attached: 1657247002614.gif (420x315, 3.98M)

People genuinely didn't get it. They saw a film that was violent, whose protagonist was inarticulate and unsubtle, and assumed it was brainless or had nothing to say. It's a film about savage beauty, but the critics of the time only saw the "Savage" part.
For the record, "Chariots of Fire" won Best Picture that year. I'm sure it's a fine film, but I've literally never heard anyone anywhere reference it beyond the title.
I'd say the movie (and more importantly, the soundtrack) captures the *feel* of Robert Howard's world, but you're correct that Conan himself isn't quite right.

the only lasting thing of chariots of fire is the theme
also it's about a jew winning the 100m dash

youtu.be/CwzjlmBLfrQ?t=87

2,000 french horns

>tell a lot of its story through action and not exposition
This doesn't happen enough.

Razzies nominated Stanley Kubrick for The Shining, they basically deserve to be tortured to death

Lol fucking bizarro world, best score of the decade.

>For the record, "Chariots of Fire" won Best Picture that year
That was 1981 - the ceremony was in 1982. The best picture winner for '82 was Gandhi. Best score went to John Williams for ET, which was fine, but nowhere near as stunning as Poledouris's work.

The Razzies kept nominating anything that wasn't orchestral for Worst Score.

He literally makes the movie.

Why did he do it?

Attached: conan 13.jpg (713x307, 33.34K)

return to snek

How did they get away with making Conan?
It's basically the story of a young Aryan boy who takes the ironpill and uses his righteous anger to murder an entire esoteric snake worshipping death cult that's running around brainwashing the goyim

Infidel defiler, the Day of Judgement is coming

Attached: 63B74DBF-92D3-4543-B3FC-2ADCB2796C1D.jpg (709x714, 71.7K)

it's a man killing hippies, reagan america must have loved that

Contemplate your faggotry on the tree of woe

this is the actual explanation. it is the same era in which lucas was complaining that his star wars wasn't just all about robots and lasers only

Critics are often retarded. Many of the movies they gush over aren't remembered while many of the films they hate are now considered classics.

You broke into our thread, mocked my fellow Conan fans and Thulsa doom and THAT is grieves me the most! You mocked one of the best villains of all time. Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of Woe. Ban him.

Howard was concerned with the cycle of civilization not that certain races were superior to others or something.

Turning into snek is his way of cooming. After a thousand years vanilla shit doesn't do it any more.

>De Palma, Kubrick, Bay, Stallone as Worst Director
>Costner, Schwazenegger, Williams, Cruise as Worst Actor
>Friday The 13th, Rocky IV, Cobra, Annie as Worse Picture
>Getting assblasted about documentaries from the My Pillow guy
The razzies have always been a yiddish temper tantrum.

It literally teaches you about cultivating inner strength in order to fight off your chains and defeat the reptilians

engineer here. the answer is martensite.

>das it mang

True; here's an excerpt of his correspondence with Lovecraft on the matter of fascism

Attached: 20220717_091855.jpg (1080x987, 234.72K)

>giving Hayden Christensen two Razzies for Anakin

I will never understand this. Disliking the character I can understand, but he plays a traumatized, arrogant, frightened young man raised by an order of emotionally-withdrawn monks very convincingly. Am I supposed to think that a 19 year old getting upset and angry that he couldn't stop his mother's death should sound dignified and restrained? I just don't get it

CROM!

kek

>Crom does nothing.

He was Ligman