Does Godzilla work better as a villain or hero?

Does Godzilla work better as a villain or hero?

Attached: Shin-Godzilla-2016-2.jpg (1200x500, 372.42K)

misunderstood protector

>point of the story went over the fanbase's head
I HATE Godzilla fans. The entire fucking franchise went off on this Monster WWF bullshit tangent when the first one and Shin Godzilla were about the powerlessness of man.

you guys are glue eating morons.

Force of nature beyond a binary of good and evil.

i dont even like godzilla you fucking sperglord
>that captcha

Attached: goodcaptcha.png (304x255, 9.72K)

yeah this. like the weapons in ff7

Nah, this is a genuinely midwit poser take. Watch the actual Japanese cuts. Pretty much all the Ishiro Honda directed films maintain and expand upon the themes of the original. Obviously not all the othere are winners, but more often than not they have something to say and say it well. The only ones that could be accurately called wwf bullshit are megalon, 74 mechagodzilla, and final wars.

Either. He's a versatile character.

Attached: Invasion of Astro-Monster final fight.webm (1182x480, 2.85M)

>solo Godzilla
misunderstood victim, hurt but destructive creature (so villain but not an object of hate)
>Godzilla movie in a larger universe with other monsters
Godzilla that either serves purpose and protects the world or starts destructive but gradually changes his ways because of some event in his life
For a while Toho was only doing destructive Godzilla and it became boring. There should be balance because Godzilla is flexible enough he works well in either role

I downloaded the 60gb Godzilla collection but after seeing this webm I have no interest in watching any of them

pretty pure strikes mmmmmmm

I hope you get raped by a pack of niggers.

FLOAT LIKE MOTHRA STING LIKE MAGALALON

Fag

you don't deserve them

Yeah Godzilla that's always the same is boring. And recently I'm more in the mood for heroic Godzilla. If he's bad and there are many other monsters around it's just very limiting

'54 Godzilla is just as much a victim of the bomb as he is a symbol of its destructive power.
He's not just "AMERICAN DINOSAUR BAD".

An indifferent act of god

Attached: ABC9F2B2-AED3-48A2-9599-520E88840AC6.png (300x266, 191.18K)

The first one is about the folly of man, and specifically Japan's relationship with death and destruction post-WWII. Man without power in a Godzilla story would be a total misinterpretation. Man is horrifyingly powerful in Godzilla. Shin follows up the original by using Godzilla as a means of addressing Japan's relationship with the outside world after WWII. It's a cautionary tale but ultimately praises the Japanese people's recovery. Coolest part of the whole movie is that the selfish motivation for stopping Godzilla, that it'd be embarrassing to have another nuke dropped on them, is considered totally valid and not something for stubborn old fucks to obstruct proactive characters over.

tfw '74 Mechagodzilla is your favorite

Attached: MechaG.gif (480x271, 1.44M)

>Sim City Super Nintendo
Unfathomably based user.