I thought Thing 2011 was a remake, turns out it's a prequel

i thought Thing 2011 was a remake, turns out it's a prequel

Attached: vidya.jpg (187x269, 10.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XJumaVWjRFo
youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU
youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5yHj5xfOs&t=246s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it shows you the alien in the ice at the start man?
in the other movie its already gone when they arrived right?

I can never work out if I like edgerton or not.
The yank cast sucked anyway except mew.

It's essentially a soft remake pretending to be a prequel. They have it play out exactly like the first movie but with swedes and women. There's no reason to believe the story played out that way before The Thing.

>is the only good scene in the entire film
youtu.be/XJumaVWjRFo

Attached: worst cgi ever.png (1600x667, 714.06K)

they find the thing in ice and it breaks out and the movie unfolds and it turns into the dog and they go off in a helicopter shooting at it, and then it cuts into the footage from john carpenter's thing thing

It's unbelievable that not even a snippet of non-BTS footage showing the original practical effects has ever been leaked or released. No early trailer/teaser, promotional footage, nothing.

If anyone's interested in vidya, there's a game called Distrust that is essentially The Thing. You're a team in an arctic facility and things to wrong. Have to run around to different buildings scavenging resources and trying to keep equipment running, and your teammates can be turned into monsters

i liked the thing game, i will check this out

>turns out it's a prequel
It's a *perfect prequel
ftfy

This.

Now time for a sequel.

It was unnecessary. The entire point of the Norwegian base was that it foreshadowed what was going to happen to Outpost 31. Showing what happened in the prequel was redundant. The prequel brought about one new idea to the table.

>story about the attack on norwegian base
>main characters are americans who visits the base

american moment

Is it any good? Kinda want to watch The Thing now

it's great, the only people that don't like it are faggots that want 1980's puppets.

The 80's puppets look better than the garbage '11 CGI, you shit slurping fat zoomie mutt

never said 80's puppets looked bad, you must be insecure, kek. the 2011 CGI is fine but retards looking for the 80s puppets in 2011 and being retarded about it by calling the movie bad are autistic.

really wish the last 20 minutes of kate on the ship wasn't cut like the director talks about in the commentary
would have gone into what happened to the aliens, basically they turned on each other like the humans did after picking up the thing on their own science expedition
wouldn't have explained everything but at least having some answers to where this thing came from and explaining away some of the tech the aliens had would have been cool

It sucks. The 2011 Thing is a hyper violent flailing retard, meaning it is devoid of all of the suspense of the original film. The original is predicated on the fact that the alien is vulnerable and needs time to replicate a creature- while providing no dramatic irony to the viewer. I think the 2011 Thing really misses the mark on nearly all of what made the original great

What could have been.
youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU
youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5yHj5xfOs&t=246s

Well fuck that noise. It sounds like a slasher film when you put it that way

QRD? The creature work looks cool