Monte Cristo

Why are French people such assholes. Also what's the best version of this. The book obviously but which screen version

Attached: tcqg7ooIwCb37xK7AeLxYtxjLMH.jpg (1920x2849, 418.29K)

Pearce version is good, as is the Depardieu. Gankutsuou is also a good take on the story.

They really should be less cowardly and have Edmond end up with Haydee in more adaptations though.

Monte Crisco lol

>Also what's the best version of this
the anime version

this is not a meme and even dumas would agree on this

Attached: 1441052261892.jpg (1000x737, 627.57K)

There is supposedly a new production in the works. I hope it has hot babes.

watch ezel. fucking roaches made KINO

looks gay

>anime
Fuck off

>doesn't even hug or kiss his ex-oneitis goodbye
>sails off with his loli-slave-daughter-wife
why can't they write characters like this anymore

Attached: 1582499430999.png (519x601, 193.59K)

Not to mention that loli-slave-wife is exotic princess lol

Guy Pearce is this version? Fuck i need see this shit now

the 70s version is superior in some respects to the comfier 90s version. overall it's a tie.

Not him but its in my top 5 movies wver made, its fucking great

plebians

Attached: 1646190767257.jpg (550x415, 67.58K)

What this

The OP version really rushes the second half. I mean, everyone loves the prison bits so it makes sense to really make that shine, and they did, but they then fucked up the whole vengeance bit.

Some strange casting choices too, like that gay fat mexican.

this shit is up there with the mummy as pure adventure kino

It was different than the book but works for a short movie

I dont remember the giant mecha fight in the original book

Why are weebs so obsessively homosexual?

>obsessively posting at weebs being homosex
Uh...

Hard to say, I think you have to be a certain amount of gay to even tolerate anime

I've only ever watched the Gerard Depardieu version. It also has John Malkovich if I remember correctly.

No, I was wrong. That was the Les Miserables miniseries also with Depardieu.

This is, unironically, the closest to the original in spirit. Yes, they set it in space and added mech fights and extreme homosexuality (while ironically un-gaying the actual homo) but the mood of it is how decadent and dark the book was, which no screen version has captured. I know it's cool to shit on anime here but this is really the best option besides the book, even though nothing comes close to the book.

>This is, unironically, the closest to the original in spirit.
>Yes, they set it in space and added mech fights and extreme homosexuality

Attached: bro.jpg (567x452, 25.85K)

The Count of Monte Cristo isn't about the setting, it's about the vengeance. Gamkutsuou is framed differently than all the other versions. In those, Dantes and his inner turmoil is foremost. In Gankutsuou the framing is around the mystery of this guy, his opulence and how sinister he is. It's from the POV of the victims and keeping Damted at a distance, which is how it was done in the book once he became the Count