Badlands (1973)

What a movie. I'm an instant fan and I loved the pacing. What did you guys think of it?

Attached: Badlands_movie_poster.jpg (266x374, 21.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4ZVq2Ev3rVU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here is one of my favorite shots from the film

Attached: badlands.jpg (700x500, 28.32K)

Shit pacing.

Does a pretty good job at exposing the nature of the eternal w*man

Nice movie. Found it through this kino music vid:
youtu.be/4ZVq2Ev3rVU

Attached: 1654385258681.png (796x1060, 406.68K)

star wars ripped this off

A comfy wojak in a thread about a comfy movie

I disagree...I found the gradual disillusionment very well done and both Sheen and Spacek's characters were fleshed out well enough (they are simple characters, and relatable). At the beginning of the movie I thought to myself how Sheen looked like James Dean before they talked about it in the movie, and as it went on I saw him for who he was.

This was a uniquely American film and I loved it!

Attached: JKFi.gif (500x279, 970.79K)

True romance was better

literally his only good movie

i don't get the appeal of any of Mallicks movies
his movies are like watching a commercial for eco-friendly handsoap
tree of life was literally an evangelical infomercial like they used to play when i was a kid before early morn cartoons

He was so awfully handsome in this film.

Badlands is a conventional road movie, very different from Malick's recent works.

I didn't care for it. Although in fairness, I haven't seen it.

it transcends the conventional cinematic language

Interesting how you believe his best movie was his first. I wonder how that happens. It makes me nervous I'm doing nothing in the creative heyday of my life. Is it true we fall off so quickly?

I didn't get that sense from this movie, although I haven't seen his other work.

Explain

BTW the budget for this was 300k, which is less than 2.5 million in today's dollars. Pretty impressive!

Attached: h3z5kptzDZ11DJSIpujX0J5KUimCxL_large.jpg (1600x900, 273.98K)

>Badlands cinematographer: Tak Fujimoto
>Star Wars 2nd unit cinematographer: Tak Fujimoto
hmmmm?

Kino

commercials unironically take more skill and look better than most movies, especially when it's shot on film, most of the great 80s and 90s blockbuster directors started out in commercials

malick has sucked ever since he switched to digital, the fucking dinosaur scene in the tree of life was the beginning of the end

they're comfy and yo sound too cynical to be able to enjoy them. If you can't enjoy Badlands for being a simply road film with great cinematography and good acting with a simple plot i don't know what to tell you

It's not that his quality dropped off, he's obviously one of the most acclaimed directors ever. But his style completely changed and most audiences don't like it. I'm one of them

>pacing

Attached: 1603306560458.png (596x1008, 91.57K)

Days of Heaven is better.