In Justice League (2017) Cyborg says "Booyah", his catchphrase from the animated series, 'Teen Titans'...

>In Justice League (2017) Cyborg says "Booyah", his catchphrase from the animated series, 'Teen Titans'. Actor Ray Fisher did NOT want to say the line, hence his annoyed expression.

Attached: ltxybgy0o7b91.png (1895x952, 926.78K)

>studio: "please read the script and do your job"
>actor: "FUCK U WHITEY BIX NOOD RACISM"

why are they like this?

>Studio ruins vision of director
>Bootlickers come to their aid.

Do you need some salt with that boot?

Fuck Hamada, Fuck Whedon, and Fuck the WB exec hacks. Hope Discovery does a clean sweep after The Flash inevitably tanks

Why did he hate booyah? Did he blame it on racism?

>Ultimately the studio was forced to CG [Snipe's] eyes opening during post-production.

I don't see why saying the character's catchphrase should be an issue. Don't take the part if you don't like it.

unironically yes
>Fisher believed the catchphrase would not play as well in the live-action movie as it did in the animated Teen Titans TV show, where the phrase originated. "It seemed weird to have the only black character say that," Fisher commented, comparing it to other black characters with famous catchphrases throughout pop culture, such as Arnold Jackson's "Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis?" from Diff'rent Strokes.

Don't blame him desu, no one has said booyah IRL in twenty years, sounds like a load of shucking and jiving

The same reason New York is such a shithole. They're never called out on their shit or punished for their transgressions because people are ridiculously afraid of being called racist.

no one IRL can fly or shoot lasers either, but superheros do and you're playing one so do your job

>With reshoots underway, Fisher says Whedon raised the issue again: “Geoff tells me Cyborg has a catchphrase,” he told him. Fisher says he expressed his objections and it seemed the matter was dropped — until Berg, the co-chairman of DC Films and a producer on the project, took him to dinner.

>“This is one of the most expensive movies Warners has ever made,” Berg said, according to Fisher. “What if the CEO of AT&T has a son or daughter, and that son or daughter wants Cyborg to say ‘booyah’ in the movie and we don’t have a take of that? I could lose my job.” Fisher responded that he knew if he filmed the line, it would end up in the movie. And he expressed skepticism that the film’s fate rested on Cyborg saying “booyah.”

>But he shot the take. As he arrived on set, he says, Whedon stretched out his arms and said a line from Hamlet in a mocking tone: “Speak the speech, I pray you, as I pronounced it to you.” Fisher replied, “Joss — don’t. I’m not in the mood.” As he left the set after saying just that one phrase for the cameras, he says, Whedon called out, “Nice work, Ray.”
kek

>It's just a fucking word, nigger
Woah, Whedon was pissed

I mean why did he take on the role then? Was he expecting some serious award-winning acting from playing Cyborg in a shlocky superhero movie?

I mean if you take yourself seriously like that why not get a serious role then?

Wtf i love whedon now?

Joss Whedon?
more like Chad Whedon

Whedon's such a cunt, that's why he got cancelled on hearsay. No one who's ever worked with him defends his character. Both SMG and David Boreanaz want to leave his part of their careers behind them.

Bababooye

Did Teen Titans Go parody this? Like did cyborg in the cartoon object to saying it and then reluctantly go back to it when they threaten to kick him out?

Does any of the pther characters have a catchphrase, I know they had superman say something like "I stand for truth and justice", and aquaman did surferbro lingo as well

I know a bunch of Military dudes who say it anytime they blow shit up.

J-j-j-jive talkin
you're telling me lies

I hope this jiggaboo never gets work again. The very definition of uppity.

>After Fisher’s reps were told that Whedon planned to make major revisions to the film, he flew from New Jersey to meet with the filmmaker in L.A. When the two met at a bar, Fisher says, Whedon “was tiptoeing around the fact that everything was changing.” As he left the meeting, Fisher was handed the revised script, which he read twice on the plane back. Gone was Cyborg’s traumatic backstory — his relationship with his mother, whose loving scenes with her son were eliminated, as was the accident that killed her and led to his transformation (the material was later restored in the Snyder Cut version of the film that streamed on HBO Max).

>Whedon sent out an email asking for questions, comments or “fulsome praise,” but Fisher says it became clear: “All he was looking for was the fulsome praise.” Trying to strike a jocular tone, Fisher responded that he mourned the loss of the Cyborg material but was moving on. He said he had notes to avoid issues in terms of representation of the character. But in a call with Whedon, Fisher says he had barely started to talk when the filmmaker cut him off. “It feels like I’m taking notes right now, and I don’t like taking notes from anybody — not even Robert Downey Jr.,” he said. Other sources on the project say Whedon was similarly dismissive of Gadot and Momoa when they questioned new lines.
Who was in the wrong here?

god both actors and directors are such cunts...

The actors. It's their job to say the lines. If they wanted to write them, then become writers.

sup Ray, go check your microwave