Why is it so underrated?

Why is it so underrated?

Attached: atlantis the lost empire.jpg (260x311, 16.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_The_Lost_Empire:_Search_for_the_Journal
youtube.com/watch?v=0U_586LRpUE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Atlantis and treasure planet are my two favorites

Attached: treasure.jpg (1920x1080, 285.66K)

Fuck CGI so much bros, my eyes feasted on this beauty as a child

mechanic girl was hotter than the fake techno-native princess, there I said itt

this was pretty rad when it first came out
the first teaser trailer was quite mysterious and when I first saw the ad in theaters as a kid, it hyped me up
they hyped up the "mysterious adventure" aspect of it in the marketing and seeing the giant submarine at first was real cool

there was also this game, got it in a cereal box I think
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_The_Lost_Empire:_Search_for_the_Journal

that's just your own inferior taste
mechanic was a traitor anyway

How was selling magic crystal weapons to the kaiser not based

i think this is the first trailer I saw
youtube.com/watch?v=0U_586LRpUE

Do you have pdf of this essential guide? Pls I wanna see it so much

Also Atlantis movie and Ps1 games are both excellent

People that like this when it came out are in their 40s now, no kid liked this boring shit, not even wimpy nerds

best girl

Attached: audrey.jpg (700x525, 177.04K)

Close, but I’m 24 user. It’s kino I still rewatch this and treasure planet from time to time not the best Disney Films tho

Too ahead of its time. Kids movies were for kids in those days. The science of making all-ages capeshit had only just been advanced by POTC. Atlantis was a failed attempt with mature themes and complex worldbuilding, that was also too grim for kids. I remember seeing it in theaters as a youngster, and the sub destruction happened much too early for a kids film, it removed all sense of proportion. You can't mow down 80 people in the first act and then start a new whimsical adventure.

i thought parts of it were cool, like the submarine and the leviathan, basically the same as my opinion of titan a.e.

No songs, no cute characters. Basically none of the things Disney is known for. They went way out of their comfort zone for this movie, and failed, which is why they've been playing it safe ever since.

The early leviathan vs sub fight was a blatant device to remove them from the rest of the film, after all the marketing heavily featured both. I remember that pissed me off.

i mean what more can you really do with the sub and the leviathan unless you want to set the whole movie underwater, just sucks that the rest of the atlantean machinery looked so lame

imagine if there were smaller dronelike versions of the leviathan instead of static fish shaped hoverbikes that you just turned on

You were like 3 when this shit came out, retard. Learn to read

The smaller machines are Dinotopia inspired and I was quite satisfied by them as a kid, but only one scene of the big sub was not cool. At the very least, it should've survived the evacuation with heavy damage, and been on the surface outside the volcano.

it has CGI too you mong

that was towards the end of disney's good years
check out pic rel too

Attached: Gen-13-comic-books-21310633-1280-1760.jpg (1280x1760, 237.78K)

Maybe I’m misremembering but I thought it got a lot of bad press for being violent for a kids movie when it came out

Wasn't this just limited release outside of the US? I remember you needing a shity dupped tape to watch it

like, I get they were determined to steal ideas exclusively from Verne, so it's half journey to the center of the earth. but you can't just name the film "atlantis," have submarines all over your adverts, then have only one underwater scene.

Yeah I don't really like how media in general often acts like WW1 Germany=WW2 Germany, Germany in WW1 was our enemy but wasn't a moral enemy that needed to be crushed

probably budget reasons now that i think about it, cgi used to be very expensive

Why can't more animated films look this good? So many animated films/shows either just go for the "realistic" look or just the rounded, generic childlike look. It seems the late 90s/early 00s is when you had a lot of these really amazing looking animated films.

>Germany in WW1 was our enemy but wasn't a moral enemy
yes they were. People merely disagreed on the realities of entering a european war, which hadn't been done before. The only real argument against fighting for white civilization against the Hun was a materialistic one.