Pretty much all the woke aspects of the movie feel like an afterthought that wasn't in the original script

Pretty much all the woke aspects of the movie feel like an afterthought that wasn't in the original script.
The story and themes of the movie aren't woke- the Catwoman-Falcone story (Batman is right, Catwoman is wrong) clearly shows that the message is not about toxic white men or whatever. The movie intentionally points out how Batman, Catwoman, and Riddler are all similar in their childhoods, and Riddler's is by far the worst. Riddler and his followers are not at all motivated by bigotry, the movie shows their grievances as very justified even if their actions in response aren't. And the portrayal of most characters as a mix of good and bad (mayor and DA, etc) goes against woke philosophy that "problematic" people are irredeemable.

Attached: the-batman-movie-poster-hd-phone-wallpaper-1080x1920.jpg (1080x1920, 613.89K)

>White privileged assholes
If they intended that to be the message, they wouldn't have made catwoman's friend a blonde white woman (99% of people think Slavs are white). It was probably something Zoe Kravitz came up with, like how she came up with Catwoman taking in stray cats and wearing an outfit in one scene similar to the Year One comic. If so, Matt Reeves is still a piece of shit for going with that idea.

>Black gang member is reluctant about beating up the Asian guy, when reality is the exact opposite
It's a very typical Batman scenario, akin to the Mutant Gang or the Jokerz in Batman Beyond (there's an episode with a gang initiation, and the initiate also has his face just partly painted). The script probably didn't specify the races, that was probably decided on later (creating a message as a result).
(Although even still, at least one gang member is a dark-skinned black guy, and one of the guys egging him on has a negro-sounding voice).

>Riddler has a Any Forums-type website
The original intention was probably that Riddle needs to recruit followers somehow, might as well do it online since this story takes place in the modern day. Unlikely that it was conceived originally as Any Forums, since Riddler and his followers are not bigoted in their motivations (if it was always meant to be Any Forums, they'd force in that message). Probably it happened when the production designers were creating the look of the website, they decided to base it off Any Forums.

The only thing that was probably there from the get-go was the stupid mayoral candidate.
>Vote for a strong BIBOCX womxn candidate, she'll do a better job!

The movie is essentially about Batman learning that he is another toxic white man lashing out and also that he has been squandering his privileged status to get his way. The movie and its message is entirely left leaning and woke. You're coping hard, OP. Pathetic.

>The movie is essentially about Batman learning that he is another toxic white man lashing out
Except that the movie explicitly portrays Catwoman as being worse about it than him, and Batman putting her on a better path.

i mean it is only one line, but the director is pretty stupid to allow contamination knowing how societal psychology works given the current political climate, you ruined the chance of making a film timeless for one of the most contrived injections of "realism" ive personally ever witnessed, the film itself is pretty good for a reboot but has some missteps

If Reeves came up with the line himself, he's a piece of shit.
If Reeves didn't come up with the line but wanted to keep it, he's a piece of shit.
If Reeves didn't want to keep it, but did so anyway (like if Zoe Kravitz threatened to sperg out on social media if he didn't), he's a coward and therefore a piece of shit.

Traitors before enemies, Jimbo.

I don't know why you nazzies are so triggered that a black-jew hybrid woman who is a canonical hooker would dare utter the thought that people who are not black-jew hybrids have it better off than people who are

You guys talk as if the only thing woke about the movie is that ONE LINE. It isn't. It is several instances, both small and big.

I would say that the beginning where a gang filled with white looking guys are forcing a young black dude play the knockout game on an elderly Asian man is even worse than whatever Catwoman says.

You would say that, and that's why I didn't ask you.

i mean it will not sit well with half the population in this political climate but yea overtime it may be ignorable rather than a trigger, but the way she delivers the line and the context its said just parallels something would shitpost on twitter or something, catwomen doesnt give a fuck about governance, shes eseentially a petty thief, shes not a sjw type lol literrally any other way to express frustration would have been better, even if she said fuckin white people would of been better, instead she goes look at all these old white men in powa as is shes on a subreddit

>The knockout game where the young black guy refuse to participate
>the flawless black mayor who's shown to be brave and selfless
>the not Any Forums website where Riddler recruits his goons
>Thomas Wayne being "crooked" just because he's another rich man
>all the police force being corrupted but the blackwashed Jim Gordon and then in the end Falcone being taken in by Gordon and a bunch of non-corrupt and coincidentally black cops
>the line Catwoman says

C'mon, niggas.

People steal because they want more than they have. It's not a hard mentality to figure out.

there were multiple race, just because the leader type looked white is not a massive statement on race relations my nigga and also if you think these images in media with the intention to fix race relations work then you dont understand the human race, white liberals of some the most closet racist people in existence, conservatives just speak thier mind, no side is more racist than the other

>there were multiple race
Stop coping.
The white guy forcing a black guy, also the only one not entirely painted, into punching an Asian dude is just fucking on the nose. We even know what the movie is addressing with that shit. It's pure propaganda.

i know you dummy im saying shes nothing more than a common thief shes not a character that randomly shares political commentary with such specificity, i mean its completely heightened by our actual reality, just comes off so forced, better if she said i hate my wop father

you need to get out more if you think this scenario is highly unlikely, i get it this a basment kingdom, but your disbelief says alot

Are we really complaining about continuity for a character that was played by Michelle Pfeiffer? It's consistent with the character Zoe was playing in the movie. That's all that matters, especially on a board about movies.

It IS.
The whole scene is trying to address the "StopAsianHate, which were mostly about young black men randomly attacking Asian people for shit and giggles although the media always tried to downplay the involvement of black on Asian violence when reporting the news.
The knockout game is based on the "polar-bear hunting" game, now try to guess why the game is called that? It was because usually the victims were white and the assailant were not.

I did not get the impression watching the movie that you were supposed to agree with cat woman when she says the woke line

It also seemed like the black mayor woman was a republican

>It also seemed like the black mayor woman was a republican
You mean the character based on Kamala Harris?