Firefly discussion thread

What are Any Forumss favorite episodes?
What did you think of Serenity (film)?
Has there ever been a comfier show?
Inara or Kaylee?

Attached: mdHalK9w6CA33Ikcuc6BOBY5ND9.jpg (1400x2100, 407.1K)

>favorite episode
Out of Gas of course, but there's something I love in every episode.
>What did you think of Serenity (film)?
Kino. It's a big success as a film, I don't like how it fits with the show though.
>Has there ever been a comfier show?
nope
>Inara or Kaylee?
Inara is the GOAT.

>Favorite episode?
Our Mrs Reynolds tied with Jaynestown
>What did you think of Serenity
it wasn't good as the series, It kinda confirmed what I thought would happen to the series with River turning out to be discount Buffy
>I also dislike Book's death, would have liked for Book to have a badass moment, even if it was something like confronting the Operative and their fight is offscreen.
I wanna say yes but none are coming to mind.
>Inara or Kaylee?
Saffron>Kaylee>River>Inara>Zoe

Ariel
Kino
No
Kaylee

Mal - Scout
Zoe - Soldier
River - Pyro
Book - Demo
Jayne - Heavy
Kaylee - Engineer
Simon - Medic
Wash - Sniper
Inara - Spy

Jaynestown
Good way to make sure there's never a season 2
No
Kaylee obviously

>What are Any Forumss favorite episodes?
Heart of Gold and Trash.
Retroactively turns the series from pretty good to great.
Yes. Firefly is comfy but a few of the episodes are either boring at points or just flat-out annoying. I had a comfier experience with The Sopranos.
>Inara or Kaylee
Inara is fucking gorgeous but Kaylee is the best girl to ever grace the medium of television. I would kill every user on this site if it meant I could have one date with Kaylee.
The Message did lower her wife value by a considerable amount though, seeing as how she immediately got over her series-long crush on Simon once Tracey showed up, almost having sex with him in the process, all because of an accidental insult Simon made. Because of this I consider The Message non-canon.

Attached: d2f81310114500efe6738ace769dbcb8.jpg (376x437, 20.3K)

Garbage show. Don’t waste your time.

Something about the way this show is written, it's so good yet so simple. It doesn't seem like some great accomplishment, it seems like this should be the baseline in a just world.

Take the end of the pilot when Mal shoots the fed in the face. It's such a silly quip-type moment, but there's no indication that he could've done that at any time, or that it's just plot contrivance. Just a funny twist that fits perfectly into the setting. That's how you write television, it's the opposite of a shark jump. How did Whedon do it?

Im glad Im not alone in liking Serenity.

love the way this show handles social class, expecially the women. Status is so fundamental to how women interact. It's a perfect four-way axis Kaylee-Inara and Zoe-River, frumpy to polished and practical to delicate. They're such different archetypes that they never conflict with one another, which would've become a problem for the show, but that's why Saffron exists.

Bro… touch grass

kino opinion except for putting kaylees pussy on a pedestal when she herself doesn't. Tracy was a dead man walking, his interactions with kaylee were child's play compared to the overall scenario.

>Do you like it user?

Attached: 431472e9036aa849272eb688a1c657ee--jewel-staite-high-voltage.jpg (500x666, 106.83K)

Yeah man, what a solid original sci-fi. The operative was a great villain too. My problem with the movie (besides deliberately killing the franchise) is that show characters weren't in it enough for a finale. Shepherd's death was good but low-hanging fruit, and Inara's plotline comes out of nowhere. The tone is also much darker than the show, with only one cool side character, (Krumholtz) so a departure from the show's strengths.

I hated how they killed Wash for a shock death, the reverent was enough

She is literally Kaylee. Kaylee's pretty young in the show, this would've happened to her 10 years down the line.

it wasn't shock. Whedon wanted to kill any possibility of a reboot so fans would leave him alone. He's a retard.

Theoretically you can make one more Firefly episode made the same time as Serenity, it can be before or after Serenity and you can use any previous character or even new ones, what do you make that episode about?

I appreciate your passionate opinion about Kaylee, and I will fight you for her.

>What are Any Forumss favorite episodes?
Ariel and Bushwhacked.
Don't like it. It had some good moments and the Operative is great but it's basically a remake of the tv show and for the worse.
Farscape.
>Inara or Kaylee?
Kaylee easily. Morena Baccarin is an incredibly beautiful woman but Kaylee has a better character than Inara.