Give me one good reason Tom shouldn't win Best Actor and Maverick shouldn't win Best Picture

Give me one good reason Tom shouldn't win Best Actor and Maverick shouldn't win Best Picture.

Attached: tom.jpg (840x1260, 163.47K)

there's no trannys in it

Tom is above Jewish 'awards'

He's white and that makes me angry.

He can't act.

Demonstrably false.

Movie is not woke. Movie is actually good.

because the oscars aren't about good movies, they're about how many minorities you can cram onto a screen

Mickey Rourke gave one: the man's played the same role for 35 fucking years.

Demonstrate for me.

remember that great movie Mickey Rourke was in?

Yep.
And he's 100% right as well.

because it is fucking boring, dull, plays it save and there is not much going on.

Do not get me wrong. I am Team Tom and I fully root for our man. I saw Top Gun at the premiere but it was just dull. It got good at the end when he gets shot down and they have to escape but other than that it was so terribly mediocre, I don't understand the fuzz. Do we have so many shitty movies nowadays that just being OK gets you there?

5 years ago you would have called it generic Hollywood trash

>Do we have so many shitty movies nowadays that just being OK gets you there?
Yes

>t. retard

Attached: mapother.jpg (1244x865, 266.34K)

Because cinematic trips to the past are a hollow and pointless fantasies. Once the film is over, you are back in 2022 and no better equipped to deal with it.

>Movie is not woke.
Objectively false.

Reheated nostalgia-bait for boomers that does little to innovate the genre. The opening is literally the exact same as the original. Unnecessary callbacks galore. The Oscars recognize movies of quality, not calculated, morally dubious flicks.

>little to innovate the genre
>800+ hours of IMAX footage of actors filming themselves in F/A-18's
r u rarted m8

the dogfight scenes genuinely are great cinematic achievements.

they managed to make what would otherwise be a pretty bland movie awesome.