Netflix's Sandman

I'm still mad. Too bad the author is a huge cuck.

Attached: dea(th)_hea.png (960x500, 837.45K)

Why always black?

Good omens was good

Wasn't she in Barry?

>Netflix adaptation sucks shit
What? No way.

Why not stick with a petit white goth chick?

Attached: do_the_evolution2.jpg (360x303, 56.08K)

Diversity means black. They didn't even bother to adorn her with the right earrings or make the tattoo. The fact that she is black was enough for them.

Attached: (((diversity))).png (640x360, 374.41K)

kys

>Why always black?
unironically because they are racist and hate white people

Stop gatekeeping fictional characters.

Good Omens WAS good, and that gives me hope.
I honestly don't care what color anyone is: I just care that it be done well, and that is be true to the spirit of the comic.
Unlike the Constantine movie *shudder*

Well she got the smile right, somehow.

I'm ahead
I'm a man
I'm the first mammal to wear pants yeah
I'm at peace
with my lust
I can kill cause in God I trust, yeah

Frankly, The Endless aren't even actual people and they've appeared in several different forms in the comic. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a major poke in the ass to go with the most popular depiction of Death in the Sandmanverse over woke points

>cuck
He's a literal one.

I legit wouldn't care if every other character black...BESIDES DEATH
or at the very least paint her white since the endless aren't even peach colored by clown white.
the BEST way to do it would be to film all the endless in high contrast black and white and everything else in color.

pew
pew
pew
pew
pew

Attached: 1522249638586.gif (480x270, 645.24K)

Not gonna watch it

Many of Dream's different appearances

Attached: r4rnio5s8up71.jpg (640x985, 268.44K)

it is strange since it is never asian or hispanic.

To be honest, Sandman isn't that great once the setting is established. I don't even remember what happens in the second half or so.

I stopped about halfway through, i just assume something with that much content will turn to shit eventually.

Any Forums is gonna FLIP OUT when they see Kai'ckul
I'm so here for it hahaha

Attached: 7497326-nadameetsdream.jpg (800x1296, 497.78K)

it's like a big "fuck you" to the audience. they pick the ugliest race on purpose

this was a good story though, even the retards here can appreciate that.

Very sad for you two: it only gets more epic, and beginning with Brief Lives, the ball really gets rolling on an incredible tragedy.

Don't they have base/standard/true forms, which are what we the reader see? The other appearances they take more come from someone having some preconceived idea of them: so the part in the comic when Martian Manhunter sees Dream as a Martian god; meanwhile Constantine(?) (who has no preconceived idea) sees him in his normal form like we the reader do.

I dunno: they seem quite challenged by the idea of an eternal concept that chooses to manifest in various forms.

i hated when it switched artists, maybe one day i'll get over that. fables did the same shit.

Before Earth, they appeared as stars and god knows what else. They have no base forms, but they may choose favorite or habitual forms to use.

I don't mind black people in my movies, there are plenty of tasty chocolate goddesses out there, I just dont get why they keep hiring the biggest iron jaw nappy haired greasy big lipped gorilla niggers they can possibly find

Ha! I had the same experience with Fables. Can't remember when the artist changed, but ugh.
Yeah, the saddest thing is that "The Kindly Ones" has a jarring style of art that I can hardly stand to look at, but meanwhile has the most epic (and I use the word in a literary sense) story arc.

the endless do stick to one form during the "present day" timeline from what i read, neil even modeled deaths appearance after a girl he knew at the time.

When Americans hear "diversity" or "race" black people are always the first things that spring to mind

>Before Earth, they appeared as stars
I don't remember that. I remember something about Dream going to a party that had the... spirits? avatars? of stars but, Dream (along with Desire) appear as they typically did. And, meeting Sol (our Sun), we know that party takes place before life on Earth.

Last time I read it was more than 10 years ago, maybe I should read it again but eh

You gotta read Overture: that actual party is shown for a panel or two.

Nope
Dream of A Thousand Cats takes place in the present day.

Attached: 5877848-appears differently to people 4(sandman 18).jpg (1250x1920, 623.49K)