Directs kinos

>directs kinos
>directs the best breaking bad episodes
>kills a dying franchise (star wars)
how can one man be this based?

Attached: rian.jpg (400x400, 14.13K)

He's a crying bitch on twitter and his wife is ugly as sin

He is based but he actually tried to save Star Wars, and then JJ Abrams came and shat all over the place, being afraid that he actually had a good story to work with thanks to Rian

JJ killed star wars, Rian failed at making a good movie

i don't think he's as great as his fans say he is nor is he some horrible monster that killed star wars like the SW nerds would have you believe. dude is just a competent director with a varied body of work, some good, some bad.

>i don't think he's as great as his fans say
Does he actually have fans? He made just one noteworthy movie (Looper) before becoming known as the guy that fucked up the sequels

But how the fuck did he pocket $100M for ruining Star Wars and got away with it?

He directed the best and worst episode of Breaking Bad. People who like Fly are nerds and pretentious fags.

i mean you see a lot of people step out to defend him on twitter, i think he's just an okay director that took on the impossible task of shaking up a storied sci-fi franchise, with his creative choices being either misunderstood or totally unsuccessful depending on who you talk to.

The last 10 minutes of Fly make it one of the best.

spbp. fuck jew jew ratbrams

Stop making sense

I want to read ridiculous hyperbole from fanboys

Knives Out was great

>watched knives out
>cringe anti white signaling
how the fuck did he go from looper to this? his other films are decent but it's like he was so assblasted about his star wars film he took it out on characters in his script

Last Jedi is the best of the Disney shit

Fuck you JJ

star wars dies when empire strikes back came out fight me

>browsing twitter
>taking the opinions of twitter schizos and bots seriously
opinion discarded

Rogue One*

yeah because everyone here is well adjusted and not posting garbage constantly right, lmao

In a big complicated process where most of the decisions were made wrong, the buck stops with the most influential person who could have changed course. That's probably whatever that kennedy lady is who signs director man's paychecks. She should have stepped in and said that Star Wars was getting stupid or delegated someone with an ounce of common sense to do so.
But she didn't, and this guy was closer to the action, so yeah he probably owns a big chunk of the blame for taking a huge shit on the franchise. He was certainly in a position of authority for the worst of it.
I think Knives Out pretty much established him as a corporate product hollywood insider man with zero artistic merit or storytelling ability who can make cash for the kennedy bitches of this world.

Man this blows my mind.
How can any human in the universe mistake the fact that TLJ single handidly destroyed that trilogy.
How is it fucking possible.
How can anyone misunderstand what star wars stands for to such an epic degree?

>No it was JJ!! ...Who successfully introduced a bunch of characters into a new story.. with infinite possibilities for chapter 2.

>handidly

Attached: 1633577114039.jpg (278x181, 10.89K)

At least this site is somewhat self-aware.
To answer seriously, I think a lot of people underestimate probable studio meddling in the trilogy, JJ and Rian Johnson are both capable of making decent films, but there's this weird thread of terrible quipshit dialogue, introducing settings for no reason and other stuff throughout these movies. Just very commercial products with focus groups and product merchandising clearly front and centre. Certainly with RoS they must have given JJ a mandate to retcon a lot of RLJ, so the entire movie is spent backtracking and without anything of substance reintroduced.
Also they probably should have got a real scriptwriter for the movies, for TFA and JJ especiall,. so it actually set up the trilogy properly. It's weird how they discarded that decent initial script for RoS in favour of more braindead JJ shit.

>Who successfully introduced a bunch of characters into a new story
They were all terrible and annoying
>with infinite possibilities for chapter 2
I disagree, he had just cloned some characters and story from the OT and everyone hated it. All he was left with was an obvious ESB story clone, he tried to shake it up as much as he could but failed.

I really enjoy his stuff
Kind of wish he hadn't got involved with Star Wars at all because you can't discuss anything he does without Star Wars tards shitting all over the thread

JJ gave the franchise to some random guy called Rian Johnson he saw selling hotdogs on the streets. So he is to blame for the absolute abysmal failure that the movie was as well.
I mean, I guess I'm assuming he was the one who decided that. But really WHO DECIDED THAT. Did they think ESB's success was due to it being the second movie in a trilogy directed by someone who was not the first movie's director?
Did an AI make that decision?

>Only thing possible was an ESB clone
This only proves you're dumb and unimaginative.

Think.
Why is it possible for you or I to be able to write a better script then the teams of fucking retards did if you gave either of us 4 minutes?

Defending mediocrity is one thing.
Defending mind blowingly fucking stupid character development that destroys a 40 year story line is nothing short of the Biggest disappointment in cinema history.

i guess I would say he's a talented/okay director and has clearly done some decent tv stuff, but I've never really got what people see in the movies he's done, especially Knives Out.

I think with star wars he was just out of his depth and his work was exposed to many more people than usual, who were more critical than his usual audience

Fly is kino. I bet you liked the machine gun bullshit and think the cringe cartel stuff is the best part of BCS