A special effect is a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing

>A special effect is a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing.

Attached: young george lucas.jpg (770x470, 189.57K)

90% of directors now don't get this

Yet this retard was too stupid to hire people who could actually write dialogue or had interesting story ideas.

Attached: Coffee Withdrawal.jpg (1232x711, 118.39K)

George is the Auteur

Without a doubt. Doesn't mean he was good at it.
I guess some blame goes to the hundreds of faggots surrounding him who never once said "no" or told him his autis- I mean Auteursmanship was of poor quality.

Attached: Richard McCuckem.jpg (1280x720, 71.36K)

>no
That's what his first wife was doing. She was his defacto editor, helping him streamline the good and rework the too silly.

name a single special effect in his movies that didnt tell a story

You said it, brother. Wait, YOU said that!?

To be fair literally every single concept in Star Wars, George stole. From the laser swords to the jedi to the sassy robots to the furry child critters. Star Wars is literally just an amalgam of a stack of books George grew up with, coupled with some cinema adventure serials, most of which were obscure enough that he was lucky enough not to be called out on ripping them off.

that weird little jew sucking on Jabba's tits, unless it was a metaphor or something

A practical effect is a tool, a means of telling a joke. A practical effect without a joke is a pretty embarrassing thing.

Attached: spc.jpg (640x360, 72.11K)

The Max Rebo band in the special editions

Star wars was the phenomenon it was because it had the best effects, in the era where effects mattered. George is actually kind of trying to cover that up in OP quote.

Dexter Jetsters 50s diner
star wars doesn't take place in the future. But a long time ago in a galaxy far away

Kinda strange. Thing gets popular to the point of lunacy for its effects, but as time passes is remembered and discussed for its story, as simplistic and unoriginal as it is.
Maybe George is a secret genius.

Attached: God.png (585x779, 851.54K)

>Dexter Jettster has a moustache

Attached: Sudden-Realization-Game-of-Thrones.gif (288x163, 1023.82K)

prequels have an amazing story though.
>no who is the protagonisterino, what is qui gons character!, I know it's spelt out for me but what is the plot and who is the phantom menace? YODA SHOULDN'T DO A BACKFLIP
filtered hard. I would say the story is the strongest part of the prequels. People like you just hate on it because you had your own separate head canon ready to go in 1999 (it would have been a terrible movie, your headcanon that is accept it).
>amazing visuals
>amazing story
>groudbreaking effects for the time
Oh yeah also this happened on two separate occasions, for all the retards who shit on George and call him talentless.

>hiring somebody else to write star wars.
Then you get stuck with blind fanboys who think star wars is about the space ship and special effects, like the disney wars trilogy. With no iota of a soul. Since it was made by a committee to get as many profits from people like you. Not tell a unique auteurs vision.
George spent 5 years working on the star wars screenplay. JJ Abrams made his in a few weeks on a rushed deadline. Oh and it shows, it shows.
Everything you like about star wars is 100% George. Maybe stop shitting on him you fake fan? He basically created a story that will be studied for hundreds of years and anons here think they guy who made space cop is a bigger authority no film making ad writing.

Attached: eg6jztst4oo71.png (1080x255, 165.69K)

Goes for 99% of fantasy/sci-fi so that's not exactly a big observation.
It's not about who steals from who, it's about who does it the best.

>no you ca't just be inspired and the make something completely different ad unique NOOOOOOO
>you have to make art in a vacuum
flash gordon isn't star wars, kurosawa isn't star wars.
Star wars is star wars, no auteur existin a vacuum. Definitely ot all the disney hacks who can't stop themselves from butchering georges Magnum opus
>it's so easy to just steal ideas and make a story lol and get rich!!!
Then why don't you do that. Also you are being completely unfair. George poured his soul into star wars.
to be completely clueless about films and story and tone, themes, et cetera. To just think star wars is a flash Gordon ripoff, they are nothing a like except being in space. You think Kurosawa just got up one day ad decided he wanted to make films without being inspired by anything too? God you midwit Geroge haters know nothing about film making or story crafting. No wonder you all revere the guy who couldn't get the plot to phantom menace within 20 minutes.

I wonder if James Cameron had simply called Jake Sully "Piff Jutiperlancer" instead, it could have reoccurred with Avatar

>Piff Jutiperlancer
That's what you come up with while Geroge comes up with kino soulful character names like Darth Vader, obi-wan, Luke Skywalker, that will be remembered forever. Wow yeah it's so easy user, your shitty OC name is so bad it gave me newfound appreciation for George Lucas
>It's so easy what a hack
>btw here's my best attempt recreating him and I suck huge cock and chode.
Stick with your day job kid, if making a story and film was as easy as you all say why isn't everybody multi billionaires then?

the thing about star wars names eg skywalker is the first time you hear them in your life you think "what the fuck that's so stupid. that's ridiculous" but then you see the movie's effects and you forget how its names are cringe

>George spent 5 years working on the star wars screenplay
Because the first couple of drafts were literal dogshit that got turned down by every studio he attempted to sell it to, too bad when it came to the prequels there was no one with any authority to tell him "this is garbage George, go home and polish it up some more".

Obi-Wan on a giant CGI lizard chasing a CGI lizard droid with asthma in a hamster wheel

You're talking to Rian Johnson fanboys

>giant wall of seething autism
Didn't read. I'm sorry you literally piss and shit yourself when this bargain bin hack gets justly criticized.

>an amazing story
I sincerely wish my standards were as low as yours. Literally everything must seem like kino to you. You're one lucky faggot, user.

Oh it'll happen

Attached: 1656863304742.jpg (780x760, 100.86K)