Would you pay billions of tax payers hard earned dollars just to slightly upgrade the image quality of your favourite...

Would you pay billions of tax payers hard earned dollars just to slightly upgrade the image quality of your favourite kino?

Attached: 1657596116212.png (1912x1036, 2.65M)

Yes.

Better than spending it on military black holes that yield nothing.

Yes

Yes. How is that a question?

spending millions of dollars to research militarized blackholes sounds awesome though

>brainlet that doesnt understand its not just improving the image but literally seeing new things you couldnt see before
Nice

You'd probably vote to spend it on a wall anyway, chud.

Or you'd probably vote to spend it government funded sex changes and abortions, tranny

what is this user gonna do when I inform him that the same companies getting paid to work on shit for NASA are also getting paid to work on shit for the pentagon. You think NASA is a purely civilian program. Take a quick look at how many current and former astronauts are military members or worked for a three letter government agency. you have no clue what's going on user.

God created all of this for us and it's truly incredible.

This is unironically a waste of money. It shows us nothing we have to already seen, just at a higher image quality. That money could have gone to way better things.

We know what's in space. Planets and stars and black holes. THAT'S IT. We don't need to explore it anymore unless we can literally go somewhere.

>BUT I HECKIN' LOVE SPACE!
>DUDE STARS LMAO
>WOOO SCIENCE!!!

Take your false enthusiasm back to Redd*t

I’m all for space research and exploration, but imo nebulae, distant galaxies, and the like are pointless to research. We should be focusing completely on potentially habitable exoplanets and how to reach them.

Maybe they expect us to ride the telescope.

God I fucking hate redditors. Imagine how much better the world would be without them spending all our money on this stupid shit.

To be fair though, the James Webb is a slim fraction of US spending. In 2021 alone the US gave over $10 billion in aid to sub-Saharan African countries. The US defense budget in 2022 is $778 billion. We just gave $40 billion to Ukraine on a whim.

Meanwhile, the JWST took 20 years to develop with a total cost of $10 billion. Chump change compared to the rest we spend on.

better than ukraine

Attached: 1591225447007.gif (367x420, 2.75M)

they should spend it on sterilizing brainlets like you instead

SOULESS
SOUL

Wow cool, a bunch of fucking lights, that's worth 10 billion dollars

Hubble needed months to get its image

t. fat useless ape who doesn’t know what he’s looking at

anyone kavitching about the cost is a NEET wishing that money couldve gone to their NEETbux. facts

FUN FACT: Every 6 years, Congress automatically authorizes a new KH-11 Keyhole spy satellite that costs upwards of $15 BILLION dollars each.

The James Webb only cost $10B and it took years of not decades to get the money for it from stingy Congress.

Why do retards always cry about muh tax money being wasted as if paying taxes isn't a scam all together? Most countries with "free" healthcare have awful systems that barely work and most public transport is garbage that's always late or cancelled. At least I can enjoy these images

>Redditsisters, the new James Webb image is out!
>you're not going to believe it, those shiny lights are slightly less blurry!!!!!

Not to mention the budget of the Space Force alone, not even including the billions they spend on contractors, is $20 billion/year. Just to operate, maintain and report on their findings with said satellites.

I’ll take this over welfare or a diversity program.

reddit hands typed this post

>Most countries with "free" healthcare have awful systems that barely work and most public transport is garbage that's always late or cancelled
Mutt cope at being fucked by the jews every single second

Unfortunately NASA is a diversity program now. It became cool and trendy, so women and non-whites wanted to make it theirs

All the engineers worth a damn went into private industry, things like the James Webb and SLS are remnants of the work of white boomers

How much is it per person?
Probably yes.

Free healthcare can work easily in the USA, but you have to forego the Jewish Global Empire and skip out on the Welfare for Israel program.

I know what I'm looking at, a picture of a movie theatre carpet photoshopped to look like "much universe". Space is fake retard

Lmao

Shame on you America.

Attached: 67856785678567.jpg (367x737, 100.99K)

Congrats on making this bait slightly tv related.

Thing is, I bet it’s already happened.
Switchover to digital tv; if there weren’t billions in kickbacks to the companies developing it I’ll be very surprised.

So, yes and yes. I would. Shove your myopia back where you think the sun shines from.

I feel like exceptionally good telescopes could well be useful in finding planets.

I guarantee you that if the reddit consensus was that this is a waste of money, everyone on Any Forums would be calling it based and kino

Well we can't get anywhere if we don't study anything out there, now can we?

I know the Webb has plans to look at them, but since NASA is now run by stupid roasties they’ll probably point it at a gas giant for 5 minutes before focusing on le pretty lights again

Hell fucking no and it could be done better privately

Attached: 1519509246428.png (783x768, 173.58K)

honestly a good poem and theres a kernel of truth to it too.

You overreach, yourself.
We’re not going interstellar without first mastering intrasolar. We need the asteroid wealth.
So why take pictures of other systems now? We can wait!
…Or humans like to look at goals idk?

how about spending it on none of that bullshit? don't pay people just to exist. let hospitals turn repeat offenders away if they cannot pay for services; if they die they die. don't spend on scientific boondoggles with literally no chance of having any practical use. don't spend on wars. don't spend on unnecessary bureaucracy.

the us's budget is so fucked. remember that time they tried to audit the pentagon, found a black hole, and essentially were told to stop looking? good times.

I live in the UK, you obsessed retard.

Mathless thirdy.

Attached: 1650843232572.png (720x678, 459.48K)

I find pretty interesting having the oportunity to compare both images and see how some the stars and galaxies have moved further away from each other, also the "slightly upgrade" makes a very big difference imo.