The Last Jedi

What went wrong?

Attached: rose tico.jpg (375x500, 40.15K)

Nothing. It was perfect and saved Star Wars from getting 'marvelized' with 3 movies a year for next decade.

I don't even watch Star Wars but the fact they stopped releasing these films and moved that trash to Disney channel platform pleases me greatly.

Nothing, it's kino. Filtered the majority of Any Forums and ꜱoyboys

The script felt like it was a first draft, with some rewrites it would've been much better.

It was made by a hack man-child who had been given too much leeway and who was more concerned with making a statement than making something that people would actually enjoy.

based and truepilled

it tried to be more than the sum of its parts

Rian Johnson was too kino for retard star wars fans

It was written by a literal retard with no understanding of basic logic

Attached: tlj ships.jpg (789x924, 39.11K)

>It was perfect
Actually
>I don't even watch Star Wars
Never mind, makes sense now

Atrocious use of comic relief and a terrible B plot.

>dude what if Kotor 2 but like.. le bad

Only time I've ever heard a movie audience gasp collectively was pic related.

Attached: amilyn-holdo-lightspeed.jpg (740x272, 17.32K)

It wanted to be an anti-trope movie in a franchise that follows every trope unironically and to the letter. TLJ is like that contrarian in elementary school who, when the class photo is being taken, says "pizza" when the photographer tells the class to say cheese, and has his mouth open like a faggot in the picture.

why bother making a death star when you can mass produce many random ships and lightspeed them to planets and other bigger ships

well, she 9/11'd those guys. Not sure why there were so many suicide bombings and attempts in the later films.... especially among supposed heroes.

tlj is like that contrarian in elementary school who, when in class if the teacher ask the students to stand up, he remains sitten and does the opposite when the class is told to sit down because he thinks he's so cool going against what's been told

ngl that kid sounds like a badass, I would definitely do what he says

I find that people over-blame that squarehead Ryan Johnson, the reality is that the building blocks for this unmitigated disaster existed long before and were laid out by Abrahams in his first episode, everything wrong with The Last Jedi was already in place in The Force Awakens; the biggest issue is how the story just does not follow organically from Return of the Jedi, the Empire had been defeated and yet they somehow had resources to build even bigger, more powerful weaponry and maintain gigantic armies (But because they're LE EBBIL HUWITE MEN they're still portrayed as thoroughly inept), the Republic had been in power for 30 years but didn't build an army, prepare any defences or even have any knowledge of the whereabouts of Luke and Han, Luke and Han themselves are presented as a myth paralleling the Jedi in A New Hope but their sister/wife is a high ranking officer of the Republic, the people opposing the nu-Empire dub themselves "Resistance" despite being the ones in power, nothing from the prequels is capitalized on, and the characters are pale imitations of the ones in the OT because the whole thing is a stealth reboot and for some fucking reason the Force now just gives people, mainly Rey, any power she needs whenever she needs it so she never has to lose a fight or learn anything.

All Ryan did was make a movie that went nowhere and achieved nothing.

cringe and falsepilled

they can build auto pilot ships or be piloted from a different ship so they won't have to sacrifice troops to kamikaze bomb. and let's not forget, this is a 1 in a million chance, so was she trying to escape? how woyld she know it'll work or maybe she was hoping to skeedaddle and turns out she won the lottery of crashing through million pieces

She didn't know if it would work, and didn't plan on doing it until the last second. It wasn't part of her plan, but she managed to get it right.