Have all the good writers switched to the video game industry?

Take something like Cyberpunk 2077, game sucked but the story was still top notch. Hollywood seems to have the opposite problem, hundreds of millions of dollars up on the screen in films but the stories are worthless.

What's the cause of this?

Attached: 21660615-1.jpg (1129x810, 311.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jly9qp40rfw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

(((white)))

One of the writer of Everything Everywhere is a chink

Video games are NOT art. Only actual movies are true art. To qualify as "art," the artist's creation must not be altered and/or interacted with. Games are an interactive medium and are, therefore, the equivalent of electronic toys, whereas movies allow us to peer into the director's vision without changing anything. Ergo, games fail on that basis alone and, thusly, aren't true art. I'm tired of having to explain this simple fact to you liberal arts grad tourists. GTFO

Attached: zed13.jpg (125x124, 2.27K)

I just watched EEAAO and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.
I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of the chair for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.
>Ayy quirky A24 movie lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

Left
>Japanese man wrestles with maintaining his honor while facing a dishonorable foe.

Right
>Mother travels through space and time to undo the wrong of not telling her 90 year old father his obese granddaughter likes eating pussy

Also worth noting, left and right had comparable budgets. Hollywood is a cancer.

>To qualify as "art," the artist's creation must not be altered and/or interacted with.
I agree that music is not art but what about something like the Statue of Liberty?

When a videogames uses it's interactive nature to deliver it's vision, it achieves art. I can't think of any game but shadow of the colossus that archives this though.

You sound like some Boomer still praising the "sweet science" when everyone watches MMA now.

SOMA

Attached: Journey_Title_Poster.png (421x236, 91.18K)

Left is made by Japs, right? Asians living in the west may be Asians by race but not by thought, they're just another type of Westerner. That's how you end up with shit like that or mental cases like Josh Luna.
As for your question, a mediocre story can be elevated by good pacing and good gameplay mechanics + the immersion of playing through the story yourself.

lmao no, video games are even worse than movies lately

It's not limited to the writers, best composers have also switched over to games.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jly9qp40rfw

Ghost of Tsushima has a good story indeed, but that's an exception, not the rule.

Left is made by an american studio

Attached: virtual toys.png (1151x240, 42.1K)

Yes "art critics" are retards, what else is now.

Attached: 1656375362444.gif (491x498, 2.73M)

Watch out user, seething Any Forums trannies are coming

Nier Automata.

None of the games posted itt are indie rpgs thou

Attached: 1641859978566.jpg (800x600, 97.05K)

Ghost of Tsushima was made Suckerpunch, an American studio. And to date is the only Japanese samurai game mostly true to actual samurai history which is hilarious

and what does this has to do with Earthbound? Or Pop Team Epic?