GOOD IS GOOD

>GOOD IS GOOD
>GOOD KILL EVIL
>Simple and intended for children
vs
>Complex interactions and massive world
>Morally grey people. Nobody is evil nor good
>Violence and nudity, as is part of human life.

Attached: 1645612620481(1).png (1600x800, 1.98M)

Midwit opinion

more like morally gey lmao

What's wrong with having both available?

>good people don’t exist in real life
>there are no morally gray characters in LOTR
lol ok retard

And yet The Lord of the Rings, both books and movies, will continue to dab on the entirety of ASOIAF, that failure of a TV show Game of Thrones, and that fat fuck. Even The Hobbit movies are doing semi dabs on all your gay “realistic” trash.

Nigger.

looking for grit and realism in your little hollywood movies because youre a fat weak lazy shit irl

>>Complex interactions and massive world
>>Morally grey people. Nobody is evil nor good
>>Violence and nudity, as is part of human life.
Cringe. There is nothin more anti-intellectual than cynicism and nihilism

>White people are bad
>Women strong and fast
Yea great writing

>Violence and nudity, as is part of human life.

Attached: bushworld.png (992x768, 403.39K)

plebbit take

>What was Aragorn’s tax policy
At least be original with bait

Attached: 7BBC0D4A-B70A-4F4A-8DC9-F7FCD09A9142.jpg (200x250, 23.92K)

People are neither good nor bad, they're in-between. If you're not aware of that reality then you need to get out and start meeting people.

>GOOD IS GOOD
>EVIL IS EVIL
>Man must struggle to accept this simple truth because it means taking responsibility for his actions

vs

>akshully you can't blame me for anything cause nothing is real and I just did what thought I needed to do so like if you blame me you are just as bad!

Because real people are nuanced.

When you look at a goodie two-shoes or a mustache-twirling villain you're not looking at anything that resembles real people.

Real people have flaws, and it's by exploring those flaws we learn more about ourselves and others. This is why we find it interesting, that's why it's good story-telling.

But in GoT there is good vs evil, the human realms vs the white walkers
In the appendixes to LOTR and in the Silmarillion etc there's plenty of GoT grey stuff, albeit less vulgar

>be good 99.9% of your life
>do one bad thing
>you are now "evil"
Juvenile

Anti intellectualism is putting the complexities of human psyche into rigid black and white terms and no compromise.

>Have clean sheets
>Do a little bit of diarrhea on them
>THEY ARE STILL GOOD I SWEAR!

stale bait
this is now orc thread
for me it's darth maul orc

Attached: 1.png (342x294, 240.4K)

>FICTION HAS TO REFLECT REAL LIFE 100% OR ELSE ILL SHIT MYSELF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes. Bad people aren't entirely horrible, no matter how much your knee-jerk emotional reaction says otherwise.

LOTR was actually quite morally complex for the time it came out, fantasy before that was the most banal fairy tale nonsense imaginable

People can be easily defined between the humane and the psychos, it's just that psychos are really good at pretending to be empathetic until they can do their evil deeds.

This. Some of you are nice even when you have vile perversions and still leech off your parents.

the LOTR wank on this board has become insufferable the past few years, it's a good thing that new show is coming out that will kill its repuation

it will only make it look better by comparision

Attached: 1625500863277.jpg (542x840, 90.89K)

actual cringe
every action anybody has ever taken is predicated on good being good and evil being evil
stupid!

>>Morally grey people. Nobody is evil nor good
You sure about that, chief?

Attached: 1656271966430.jpg (640x439, 39.47K)

It's quite simple. Immorality is something that harms someone else. Real harm such as assault, theft etc

Morality is something which doesnt harm someone. So good is helping others. Good and Evil do exist. The solipsist mentally is evil because it enables evil and pretends not only that it does not exist but that morality doesnt exist.

More like
>sophisticated mythopoeia vs. nihilistic schlock

one of these authors re-wrote their work several times when they realised they made errors/ommisions and actually finished their work.

can you guess who it was ???

i am 100% good u cuck fag, and you are evil which is why im calling u a faggot fagggot

>Popularity equals quality

Based

Spbp

>Gurm, ah, George, hm, ah pardon me, GRRM - (should I perhaps be flattered?), you must understand, dear boy, that I am in fact wholly preoccupied with my own work *lights pipe*, and I simply haven't the time to contend with your 'quibbles', as you put them *chuckles affably*. Despite having passed on, oh, some 40 years ago to sit at the right hand of Eru Iluvatar, I have not, as they say, rested on my laurels, indeed! *blows smoke rings* Why, just this past year another one of my works on the Nature of Middle-Earth was published, and, I must confess wholeheartedly, much of that coupled together from notes I had hastily scrawled on napkins or indeed any bare scrap of paper I could find in an idle hour! I am sure you can relate, yes? *laughs uproariously* Simple stuff, really, the measurement of Elvish life-spans in comparison to our own brief lives, mating cycles, the cosmology and movements of celestial bodies, physical characteristics of the Fellowship, Elvish economy (a subject I understand you have some particular interest in, yes?) *winks* As it stands, and to my great regret, any forthcoming discussions between the two of us on the subject of this-or-that will simply have to wait. Before you go, however, how is your own work going? I understand you have enjoyed some moderate success? Mr. Martin?

Attached: jrrt.png (940x705, 718.64K)

Tolkien is boring and stodgy and I'm tired of pretending otherwise

"Grey morality" doesn't exist, it's called fucking reality.
Sometimes your only choice is between two shitty options and you have to choose between sticking to your principles even if it makes life objectively worse for you and those around you or compromising your principles to avoid making things worse.

kek

cope

or you just poop everywhere and smear it on the walls, haha