Anyone else think humanity has run out of original ideas? I thought the Lighthouse was really good...

Anyone else think humanity has run out of original ideas? I thought the Lighthouse was really good, but upon further thought, I realize it was just okay. It SEEMED great at the time because for the past 20 years, everything has been so abysmally dog shit, it was a palate cleanser. Everyone is living in the past to some degree. Which is why 75% of movies/tv are remakes, and Zoomer/Millennial culture is LARPing like you're from another decade (see Stranger Things and Y2K fashion)

Attached: 1023_lighthouse-3-1000x838-2973636805.jpg (1000x838, 76.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vi8ETcOqdys
youtube.com/watch?v=zkj1EbB1xkk
youtu.be/yNmta1gFjxU?t=590
twitter.com/AnonBabble

last interesting mainstream film

Humanity has abandoned God.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-25 at 18-36-27 Robert Eggers Envies Medieval Craftsmen Says It’s Hard to Be Creative in ‘Modern Secular Society’.png (657x2017, 563.35K)

Current neoliberal world order doesn't value originality. Things will change this century when the USA led unipolar world collapses.

companies are just so risk-adverse today. as much shit as boomers get, they had a lot of creative types. gen Xers largely in executive roles are soulless knobs that only care about money

Yes, and they used to value small projects more.

This is because every story has already been told. What stands up is the way you're telling them and that's why The Lighthouse is good. Story wise, it doesn't bring anything new to the table, but the acting along with the cinematography both carry the movie.

You realize that's not even an original story, right user? Not even the first adaptation as the shit in picrel came before it.

Attached: thelighthouse.jpg (2000x3000, 1.32M)

That isn't an adaptation of the unfinished poe story. And if you read the poe story you'll find the lighthouse 2019 is basically an original story more inspired than adapted from the story

>original ideas
you realize it's a re-telling of the story of prometheus right?

Attached: 1629647510651.jpg (1200x1387, 223.89K)

The teenager expert who has watched 300 shitty Hollywood movies has spoken. Thank you for enlightening us with your advanced knowledge

No, the problem is good or interestingly new ideas don't make it into what we think of as the mainstream.
There's "new" everywhere, it's just that it's all segregated away from what is considered acceptable, or profitable.
For example youtube.com/watch?v=vi8ETcOqdys

Congratulations on your 20th birthday! Now that you've now seen the majority of what cinema has to offer, it's time to get a job

What is this if not the bleeding edge of entertainment? You tell me.
youtube.com/watch?v=zkj1EbB1xkk

>Anyone else think humanity has run out of original ideas?
nah that's a very boring, unoriginal view that gets repeated a lot. thing is that we've arrived at a time with the internet and phones where information is very easy to access. a person can now google "what film did the shawshank redemption rip off?" and they'll get 100 good links about cool hand luke

there once was a time when the only people who could make comparisons were nerds with knowledge. and they wouldn't be tempted to make insane comparisons that are unfair to things they like

youtu.be/yNmta1gFjxU?t=590
good example right here of how the view comes from pol zoomers

WHY'DYA SPILL YER BEANS?

>prometheus
you realize it's a re-telling of the story of grug right?

This

dont post anymore bro

The story is like about me and my dad.

Attached: faggot.jpg (1280x960, 271.02K)