I'm gonna be honest a lot of this show seems half assed (like the Audrey subplot and the whole green glove thing) but...

I'm gonna be honest a lot of this show seems half assed (like the Audrey subplot and the whole green glove thing) but it's still better than any other show out today. Why is television so fucking shitty to where this is the peak of the medium?

Attached: Twin_Peaks_2017_Poster.jpg (250x340, 120.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yzH4CDmZ3h8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think thats just tv as a medium thats shitty. Like its very limited since the viewer have to sit and focus on it for so long. Music can be applied to any kind of experience which makes it more free to experience with. I agree twin peaks the return is as good as it will ever get probably. Atleast in our time

I think tv has a lot of potential as a medium but anything remotely artsy or challenging has to compete with whatever the fuck the average consumer wants to watch which tends to be the most mindless and lowest quality entertainment. People blame executives for not greenlighting anything that's not a reboot or a superhero movie but I think the general public doesn't give a fuck enough to appreciate shows as interesting as the return

half assed is the wrong word for season 3 of Twin Peaks, it's flawed but a masterpiece at the same time.

and that's probably the reason you like it so much, TV and movies have gotten so calculated in recent years, everyone just kind of knows what to do, how to write, how to direct, what people like. It's become this highly studied and understood science to make a "good" show. Twin Peaks is nothing like modern shows, it just is its own thing and sure that might mean it is a little more awkward and clumsy in spots than some of these other hyper polished shows, but it also reaches highs that none of the other ones even come close to.

Attached: Dougie-stand.jpg (1080x1080, 219.24K)

Lynch is one of very few creators who is allowed artistic freedom. The end goal of 99% of TV is to make money, not art. If David Lynch was an unknown newcomer he'd never be allowed to make this.

it was fresh and original when it was released
and it was on tv so a lot of people saw it
today, a lot of films and shows copy what "twin peaks" did

Its kind of surprising that Showtime gave him all the money and creative freedom to do this. Ultimately it probably didn't pay off for them, but it gave us the most kino television show ever, so I'm thankful

Attached: 1586446345902.png (646x1500, 52.85K)

youtu.be/yzH4CDmZ3h8

I saw this posted on reddit and people were seething that he'd yell at a woman over this, calling him and asshole "I'd quit on the spot if he did that!!!"

Atlanta is better

IMO twin peaks the return is the zenith of TV storytelling. I think it's 30 years ahead of its time. Hopefully one day all the streaming channels will utilise such sophisticated narrative techniques. I'm not being ironic. Lynch achieves the visual equivalent of something by Borges or Gene Wolfe. It's like a tapestry torn to shreds and with big chunks entirely missing leaving you to try and deduce the whole picture from the scraps.

based

Attached: 1656596664175.jpg (500x375, 49.57K)

Attached: Twin Peaks Digital.jpg (2560x1440, 1.06M)

What year is this?

I must agree, the green glove guy shoulda gotten a season long character arc that begins with an episode titled "The Epic Quest for The Green Glove of Destiny"

That woulda been like, totally dope

Ah yes, the reddit meme show Any Forums pretends to like

>It's not meant to make sense
>Dude the network was wrong to ask lunch to show the audience who killed Laura Palmer
>Dude backwards talking SO HEELLA CREEEEEEPY

Die

Atlanta is trash

Based
So fucking stupid, you’re entitled to yell at a man or woman if they’re costing you money and the quality of a project and won’t shut the fuck up. You could tell she was making constant little comments.

Firstly, no. I liked the first 2 seasons a lot, the third was faggy trash and Donald Glover unconsciously became cliche’d.

I love anything that filters plot-plebs. They literally can’t understand that people don’t watch movies for the plot, because they forget that other people read.

The flaws are a huge part of the charm you fucking midwit

Sorry to hear you got filtered buddy