We see ourselves as creators of “animated films”… “Anime” is more of a genre...

>We see ourselves as creators of “animated films”… “Anime” is more of a genre. When the term “anime” first appeared outside Japan, most of the films associated with it were sexual or violent. We would like to avoid misunderstanding. We want our films to be seen by a wider audience.

Is this true? Is anime a style? Why do serious professionals like Yoshiaki Nishimura or Hayao Miyazki reject the label of anime for something more neutral?

Attached: ponoc.jpg (867x650, 45.1K)

Yes anime is its own style, early Japanese animation up to the 60s/70s like astro boy would not be considered anime yet but 90% of japanimation afterwards definitely would

What are the features of this post 70s style?

Fred Flintstone alone has a better character design and 100x more SOUL than all of tranimes history of characters and jap trash designs.

Mainly just character designs with the big expressive eyes/faces (in manga also), their ethnic/racial ambiguity for the most part, plus the various visual tropes unique to anime (the nosebleed, the sweat drop, the forehead vein etc)

Anime is a specific type of medium

Just to take the bait: why Stalker, Half Life, SMASH Melee, half that shit?
I assume most of it is "there is a character who doesn't dress like a man" but can't figure out those

i have 1000 hours in new vegas and i've never wanted to cut my balls off

Two more weeks and you will

Attached: WOW.png (633x804, 579.2K)

Gays think everything is gay

trannies ruin everything, claiming random media as "tranniecore"
These creatures are insufferable.

All played by speedrunners, who also Speedrun in life

Attached: Speedrunners.jpg (772x662, 365.03K)

Did Link from the "can you stop" video transition yet?

They look physically ill and mentally ill before their unpassable transformations into creepy perverts.

I don't give a fuck about trannies or video games. This thread is about film animation.

i cant stand anime's squeaky fucking voices- i cannot watch that gay shit. only good one i ever watched was lupin

Anime is a genre or medium
The "serious professionals" don't want to be lumped in with something like Sword Art Online. It's like how Scorcese hates capeshit even though both are movies.

>Sword Art Online
Why is this shit even popular? With the same setting, Log Horizon or Overlord is infinitely better

The one with the woman knitting in the audience?

Anime is fucking disgusting and unwatchable from many factors, the awful immature screaming is a huge one.
Also the whole non-stop run on talking without any animation occurring makes it unbearable to watch. The dialogue is terrible as well, almost every response is a question when two or more characters are talking. Also dudes who are friends talk to each other like they fuck off screen. Anime dialogue and be summed up as non-stop questions and non-stop compliments.
Anime is for manchildren with no standards.

Don't forget that it's mostly created by them as well. How are you going to get an interesting story out of some young person with no life experience other than drawing?

agreed user, agreed.