When is Marvel fatigue going to hit people?

When is Marvel fatigue going to hit people?

Attached: 6703A96C-C81C-499C-A68B-DE43EDC481AF.jpg (978x1497, 1.16M)

Same length as the first 3 phases and still can barely stand up to even the mid level movies like Iron Man 2 or Antman

I actually think it's starting to hit, people are openly criticising the latest Thor movie, I've heard people saying it's just boring "lol-so-random" style humour.

>j-just two more weeks

Attached: 1657523851228.jpg (2732x2048, 947.18K)

Phase 2 > Phase 1 > Phase 3 > Morbius > Phase 4

Longer but hollow, nobody fucking knows what phase 4 is aiming for

>50 hours of runtime and no goal, direction or even a main villain in sight
Phase 4 is the Jojolion of franchises

Attached: 1656779745037.jpg (1114x352, 409.27K)

quantity over quality argument lmao are they fucking serious?

I have never seen a Marvel movie besides Iron Man 1, Hulk w/ Ed Norton, and No Way Home.

Maybe I'm just coping, but it's interesting to see critics openly panning it when they're always reticent to criticise any Marvel flick, I haven't seen it in a while.
Same goes for all the nuwars criticism too like Kenobi, I guess Disney hasn't got the same stranglehold on critics it had in the past.

Its simple. Disney has employed tactics to ensure great reviews for the last 10 years. They would invite critics to "meet the stars parties" for every film. If you wrote a bad review, you would not get an invite.

Then covid happened and these parties didnt happen anymore.

Personally I think they probably should've taken a break after endgame. Naturally we're living in a capitalist society so usually the path with the most wealth is the one taken, but it stood as such a satisfying conclusion that most of what comes after will inevitably pale in comparison. Let it simmer for a bit, then when people are hungry start producing again, but corporate hungry execs will not have it.

These films are becoming less and less about passion and more about just being released for money's sake. You could make the argument that's the case for... any fucking move, obviously, but with how ridiculously saturated phase 4 it's becoming more apparent than ever. That won't stop people from seeing them, I think what will is when people wake up to how formulaic they are. Not to say the formula doesn't work, but we need to see some innovation.

What also doesn't help, is from what I've heard from talking with moviegoers is most people are seeing phase 4 films as stepping stones to a greater conclusion-- alla phases 1-3 building up to endgame. With that comparison in mind, I think people aren't viewing the films/shows as singular entities: they're only seeing them for the sake of the pay off that comes later on. And when that mindset is established, I think it's only natural that in the public eye each film just seems like cannon fodder HAHAHA, like "just get me on to the next one so I can get my fat dopamine rush from seeing all the heroes clash against a big threat"

not that there's anything wrong with that, but it really diminishes the value of these cinematic universes... like really? You should enjoy the ride. The sum of the parts make up the whole, not the opposite.

Uh, now? The viewing figures for the shows have progressively decreased, Eternals bombed, and all the movies aside from NWH have had middling fan reactions?

>Antman
>mid
Opinion discarded.

>nd all the movies aside from NWH
And NWH wasn't even MCU, it was Sony Spider-man universe.

>When is Marvel fatigue going to hit people?
It already is.
There's no clear goal or big bad in the new movies.

>Personally I think they probably should've taken a break after endgame
But they did though? They went 1 year and half without releasing shit after Endgame and Spider-Man Far From Home.
Wandavision released in Jan 2021.

They conveniently left out all 100+ hrs of Agents of Shield and Agent Carter

Frankly, I don't think any shows should be calculated

What? No Way Home is literally part of MCU.

I got Marvel fatigue after watching the first Avengers, and I still haven't recovered

Attached: 1648016657418.png (128x128, 25.71K)

another decade or two. the 60s had to happen for westerns to die so it's going to need another really big socio-cultural shift(extreme puritanism -> sexual revolution -> anti-war) to turn people away from comic book movies.

Those shows aren't canon with MCU, the only shit they retroactively made canon so far are the Netflix shows.
I heard they recently managed to get Mike Colter back for Luke Cage, and also probably Krysten Ritter for Jessica Jones.
They won't get the faggot back for Iron Fist though, his show was the worst one.

>canon
I'm not saying you're wrong. But by your own admission they retroactively can make shows canon. They're bringing Colson back in "The Marvels". So Shield is canon.

Mark it down, Dude.

>They're bringing Colson back in "The Marvels". So Shield is canon.
The Colson dude is canon because he was already in every phase 1 movie, and also Captain Marvel, not because he's in the Shield show.

Kek I remember this meme format back when captain marvel and endgame came out

You must be cool

>Naturally we're living in a capitalist society
This. If we didn't have the right to own property Disney would stop making garbage.