Umm. Chef Ramsay bros?? Did we get too cocky?

Umm. Chef Ramsay bros?? Did we get too cocky?

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 1.16.24 AM.png (1343x192, 55.5K)

Just a splash of olive oil b

Attached: olive-oil-pouring-getty.png (1978x1415, 3.86M)

Boil pasta until it's done. Rinse with cold water to stop it from further cooking. Let it sit for like 5 minutes.
Make sure the sauce is hot as you mix it with the pasta.

Olive oil is a flavor that takes over and ruins the overall dish.

Where was this consensus reached? Was it reddit? If that’s the case I’m disregarding this information

I made some spaghetti earlier today and had a small plate full but didn't care for it much, and was pretty disappointed. Then I mixed the rest of the pasta with the rest of the sauce and fridged it, until just a bit ago when I reheated it. Same fuckin pasta, but for some reason after sitting for a few hours it went from a 6/10 to a 9/10 and I inhaled the whole 2lbs of it. What is the science behind that?

Don't rinse pasta, that's BEYOND stupid and as retarded as the american tradition of knowing it's done by throwing it at the wall.

dw though, I'll spoonfeed you:
Add salt to water, preferably coarse salt. You add it until it tastes like the sea.
Once it's boiling add the pasta, using the package's time as a general guide.
Some 2-3 minutes before the package's time is up, taste the pasta. Just fish one out and bite it. You'll know when it's done or when it isn't as no one ever not recognizes uncooked pasta once they bite into it.
Strain the pasta, do not wash it, you'll lose starch and possibly introduce things from your disgusting tap water into it which will ruin the flavor.
Serve it with sauce on top.
Italians usually add a bit of sauce the bottom of the plate and then the pasta and then more sauce. When served family style, the sauce is only meant to DRESS the pasta, like salad. You add sauce and toss and stir it in a serving platter, adding meatballs or whatever else on top after.
Also add plenty of freshly grated cheese to red sauce.
That's it.

Love, co/ck/

>Rinse with cold water

Attached: 1058854753729.jpg (743x667, 138.27K)

You rinse the past if you want to keep it non-overcooked and non sticky in the fridge for later use, or pasta salad making.

if fresh it removes the strarch that isnt harmful and mixes with sauce so theres no point

the best pasta is stirred in the pan and kept on the stove a bit longer so the sauce gets uniform and slightly absorbed by the noodles
it heavily depends on the sauce of course

Kinda but also not quite. Dry pasta won't absorb the sauce at all. It's already saturated with the water from boiling and fresh pasta will only do so if thick cut, the main example being Pasta e Fagioli (pasta fazoo for pizza americans) and Pasta In Brodo (pasta in broth), both of which require the pasta to sit there a longer time than usual. Dressing the pasta in the pan is a restaurant approach to it but it only work for 1-2 servings. If you're doing a simple white sauce or red sauce of any kind, pan dressing at home serves no purpose. Pan dressing is mainly used for sauce which are made in the pan, and being all quick sauces, benefit from the extra starch. The big stand outs are of course, Cacio e pepe and Carbonara sauces.
Again, if you're doing the traditional tomato and meat sauces, you dress it in the serving dish.

probably Italy

oil in pasta water is a superstition from italy dumb ass, gordon was just parroting it

Is that why an Italian friend laughed then spazzed the fuck out when I mentioned adding olive oil to the pan?

So how DO you prevent the pasta from sticking together?

Shitalian grandmothers on suicide watch.

add 1/4 cup of salt to the boiling water. it'll make it so it doesn't stick

stir it, lol

he laughed and spazzed out because italians love to do that with foreigners in regards to food
they are also incredibly ignorant of food outside their local experience/family, so if you showed italians other italians cooking without any way to guess the nationality they would do the same given minute differences in prepping/ingredients etc
Putting oil in pasta water is very common in italy especially in the older generations
Young people can't even cook anyways

Yeah but after it's done I mean, in the serving pot.

if ur pasta is sticking together then it's overcooked to hell user

Nah dry spaghetti will stick together after cooking if it's not mixed with a sauce or something.

any pasta will if given enough time without any sauce, what are you asking, why would you have pasta get cold without any sauce added to it

If it's not mixed with the sauce in the pot, like if you're serving it in the style where the diners mix the sauce and the pasta on their plates instead of in the pot. Some people prefer that cause then they can better control the ration of sauce to pasta.

why the fuck is your finished pasta sitting around for that long?
weren't you planning on eating it?

Some people are very slow eaters. I'm not talking hours, but from when everyone sits down to when everyone's finished eating can be a little while.

idk then i never did that or saw anyone do that

what type of glue pasta are you fucks eating? I regularly cook pasta and spaghetti, I've never had an issue with it sticking together, i don't use anything other than water to cook it

If you add a little oil it prevents the pasta from sticking together
If you add too much it prevents the sauce from sticking to the pasta
This is really easy to test yourself, I don't get this meme