Why was this so bad?

why was this so bad?

Attached: 386439-2016_warcraft_movie-wide.jpg (1920x1200, 850.47K)

Not enough pandaren.
Not enough gnomes.

>video game movies

Works on my tv.

was not

cash grab before the IPs popularity tanks

>pick a boring and shitty story when you had tons of better options
>spent all of the budget on the wrong things
Are the top 2 reasons i'd say.

The hybrid thing using real actors.
And using Travis Fimmel as one of those real actors.
>Imma just do what I did on Vikings in this green room.

They missed that by like 6 years.

They did the first story. Which newfags didn't understand because they only ever played WoW.

not really. they were making more money from wow than ever still at this point, in ways they couldn't have monetized x years earlier, even if the game supposedly was at its peak

Fuck you, I liked it

I remember the first half being pretty alright, the plot twist that Medivh actually is the one who opened the portal worked very well imo.

Things I didn’t like, on top of my head:
>Human cast has absolutely no charisma
>human armors looked ridiculous
>battles are a group of retards running towards another group of retards, no sense of strategy or scale, pretty ironic for a movie named WARcraft based on a fucking strategy game
>the landscape and nature seemed really off for some reason
>garona doesn’t look like a half orc she just looks like a human painted in a different color with fangs, I guess they made it so on purpose so that she’s fuckable though

Things I liked:
>Gul’Dan is kino
>Durotan is kino
>Gul’Dan vs Durotan fight is gigakino
>Khadgar and Medivh have good chemistry in the first part of the movie

This honestly. It should have been completely CG or gone the "real actors enhanced with CGI" route ala LotR. Everything looked fine when it was all real or all CGI, but as soon the two mix it's weird and your brain rejects it.

I watched this again for the first time since release only yesterday and had pretty much the same reaction. It really isn't terrible, but it isn't good either. It's just very bleh, which is probably the saddest thing to say about a film.

because it was trying to set up a universe and failed miserably so all the pay off that was supposed to come in the sequels never happened.

>garona doesn’t look like a half orc she just looks like a human painted in a different color with fangs, I guess they made it so on purpose so that she’s fuckable though
indeed she is, but Ihonestly I also prefer a better-looking hybrid look

Test

I thought it was bretty good for a fantasy flick. Makgorah scene was kino

It was Orc kino and its unfortunate there was no sequel with Thrall as a main character.

it's a decent film though

it was?

>make a movie about WC1 that no body care
Unironnically, they should've start with WC3.

I would unironically pay to see this quality CG in a feature length sword and sorcery movie twice.
And they could cast as many niggers as they want and just CG them white.

Attached: warcraft guldan.gif (389x195, 907.52K)

Bro, it was like...fine. Bro.

In retrospect I reckon you're right. I understand the logic of starting at the start, so I don't blame them for the choice, but given the reaction by so many who had just never played the first two games and didn't even know if their soundcard worked perfectly or not, they should have gone with something familiar.