Space and Time

Which one did you like best?

Attached: 3tier.jpg (1794x718, 449.29K)

arrival > interstellar > contact

Objectively True and Final Ranking where all subsequent rankings are Objectively False and Dishonest:
Contact > Arrival > Interstellar

Loved Arrival

What pisses me off about Contact is:
>whoa we have an extra multi-billion dollar wormhole thingey
That would be like having an extra CERN particle accelerator that no one knows about.

Interstellar > Arrival
They're both pretty bad.
Haven't seen Contact.

Personally I liked Contact the most probably because I'm a millennial born in the 80's and Contact is nostalgic for me and was my favorite movie growing up. Just rewatched Intersteller again for the first time and it was way better than I remember. Will have to rewarch Arrival this week

i don't remember what the plot mechanism was for arrival

true, but it was written in the 90s so I give it more slack. Also when we find that out in the movie it was a pretty redeeming and awesome twist

None of the above

2001 space oddysey

Mauler has a 19 hour breakdown of Arrival
it proved to me that he was a total brainlet

Most predictable and pretentious answer

kubrick mogs all of them because he didnt pretend to have emotions unlike this trifecta of cringe science sentimentality

>2001
I just watched it the other day. I've never been more disappointed in a movie. Just a waste.

interstellar is most accessible to normies because it's mostly just an emotional adventure movie wrapped in a sci-fi packaging

contact was the most exciting and engaging of the three, powered by a strong cast and a compelling story of discovery and perseverance. loses normie audiences in the end who didn't understand the ending

arrival is intriguing but bland, bogged down by a very drab cast and poor world-building. failing to establish a solid narrative footing, the non-linear story-telling makes for more of a mess than it had to. laudable for what it does at a 'meta' level but fails as a story

I enjoyed them all but objectively the only possible ranking for a proper kinophile is
>contact > interstellar > arrival

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 361.36K)

I just wanted to say that Arrival is fucking terrible.

Attached: 1595462835521.jpg (1280x927, 877.18K)

Moon

Solaris

The 3 movies in the the OP are more similar and share a more similar theme of time than 2001 imo is why I didn't include it in the question

Arrival > Contact > Interstellar

you got to be in your 20s to have shit taste like this

I remember watching Contact in the theatres with my friends as a kid. After the movie ended my mind was completely blown. My friends hated it and thought it was the most boring thing they've ever seen