MTV

What was the big fucking deal? A bunch of low quality videos of boomer music?

Attached: mtv_broadcast.jpg (1400x1050, 159.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LMKfIXdxh-U
youtu.be/Gmrh42foUsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a product of its time.

No capping You had to be there.

120 MINUTES IS KINO

Yeah but it was transgressive at the time

It was like radio but you could watch it

Hey whats up everybody it's Pauly shore

There was no other way to watch music videos before Youtube

It was sort of fad on early cable TV. A whole channel of music videos. You could switch over to MTV during a commercial break on another channel , watch a video then go back to the show you were watching. MTV is dead now and should be renamed.

they had high quality shit back in the 90s
tom green
beavis and butthead
aon flux
the maxx
-etc

It's like radio, but you can see it too. Was pretty dope not gonna lie. When they stopped playing music videos on MTV as a majority of the content I knew humanity was doomed.

fucking boomer fucks, havent they heard of youtube in the 90s? whats next did they go to video stores instead of just streaming on Netflix??? god boomers were fucking retarded

Innocent Times

Attached: quinn.jpg (714x795, 49.64K)

>What was the big fucking deal?

Attached: wonder_showzen_logo_matte_v2.jpg (1000x750, 101.68K)

who remembers The Box? you could see shit like Me So Horny and Justify My Love on it.

STUCK A PIN IN YOUR BACKBONE

Youtube wasn't a thing then, asshole. Try thinking outside of the current year in which you live. They had just barely emerged from the "network only" television model of 3-5 channels, into basic cable, with several dozen channels available.

I don't think you realize how little media there was in the early 80's, especially for Gen-X teens and 20-somethings.

Thriller put it on the map, it's reportedly been seen by over 4 billion people since 1981 & was so significant governments around the world had private screenings of it

Attached: billie eilish dance.webm (480x480, 2.57M)

He left MTV shortly after that and never went back because other networks needed them to boost ratings. ABC, NBC and Fox and BET covered his music videos after that, whereas MTV became the teen girl and Dude bro channel

Attached: daria edgy.jpg (464x700, 129.46K)

Attached: 1627449002811.webm (640x480, 2.84M)

Attached: jackass hand.gif (498x249, 2.31M)

literally impossible to find concerts with this energy anymore
youtube.com/watch?v=LMKfIXdxh-U

So many good times getting drunk under age or stoned and watching weird as fuck music videos on MTV

what about that mumbling nigger where dozens of zoomers died

I don't even get how they died they weren't even moving around or anything just standing still listening, maybe it was heatstroke or some shit

#1 for 2 years straight on daily countdown
youtu.be/Gmrh42foUsg